Converted S50/S54 for sale, Ex forum member/s car

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-miles/7037409#

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3M-Co...UAAOSwXYtY3kDx

If I had the money...

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Appears to be Imran's old car...

Comment

Totally irrelevant but I can't help but wonder whether the discrepancy between the front and rear registration plate is intentional...

Comment

Nice colour combination IMO, Laguna Seca with black/grey interior.

Just had a look a look at the bids on ebay. They are not even getting close to its value.
          Last edited by coupe fan; 01-04-2017, 10:52 PM.
          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
            Nice colour combination IMO, Laguna Seca with black/grey interior.

Just had a look a look at the bids on ebay. They are not even getting close to its value.
            Not sure how you would value this?
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Difficult as it has been an engineless shell for a while.

Great trackday toy IMO.

Comment

Yes, and it's now not a S50, or a S54.
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Looks "clean" without the number plate holder and bumper light

Comment

Surely not MOT-able though?

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                      Surely not MOT-able though?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                        Looks "clean" without the number plate holder and bumper light

How I have mine now since running the 3/4 plate (well still have the bumper light!)

Comment

Tech I ally I don't believe the plate is legal, but we can let that go. The lack of a light is certainly illegal!!

Comment

Yea, I suppose you could DIY some hidden LEDs in the boot handle (I did think of doing this [smoothed bumper] when I was getting my car painted but left the bumper light in as the bodyshop said they could do that and the front side markers but couldn't guarantee it not cracking later down the line).

The plate just looks small because you're far away

Surprised with the smoothed bumper they have fitted the rear wiper, the rear end on that car would look really tidy with the wiper deleted.
                            Last edited by c_w; 02-04-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

According to Road Traffic Regulations (see below it you can understand them!!! ) it is a requirement and so would fail an MOT if not fitted. I think the bit in red is the relevant bit?

2001 No. 561
                              ROAD TRAFFIC
                              The Road Vehicles(Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001

Lighting of rear registration plates
                              9.—(1) This regulation applies to vehicles other than—
                              (a) works trucks,
                              (b) road rollers,
                              (c) agricultural machines, and
                              (d) vehicles first registered before the relevant date.

(2) Where the vehicle is being used on a road between sunset and sunrise the registration plate fixed on the rear of—
                              (a) the vehicle, or
                              (b) where the vehicle is towing a trailer, the trailer or,
                              (c) where the vehicle is towing more than one trailer, the rear most trailer, must be lit in accordance with this regulation.
                              (3) Where a vehicle (or, in a case where the plate is required to be fixed on a trailer, that trailer) has been constructed so as to satisfy the requirements of the relevant type-approval directive, whether or not it is required by law to satisfy them, that plate may be lit by a lamp which complies with those requirements but if it is not so lit it must be lit in the manner required by paragraph(5).
                              (4) Except as provided in paragraph (3) that plate must be lit in the manner required by paragraph (5).
                              (5) This paragraph requires the plate to be lit so that it is easily distinguishable from every part of a relevant area having a diagonal length—
                              (a) in the case of a plate displaying a mark having characters with a width of 44 millimetres, of 15 metres, and
                              (b) in any other case,of 18 metres.
                              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                              1986 M635
                              1985 E28 M5
                              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                              X