Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which head unit to for for S50 Harman Kardon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which head unit to for for S50 Harman Kardon??

Just recently purchased my S50 with Harman Kardon system unfortunately the previous owner has fitted some awful Europa 2 head unit (poor sound through only a few speakers) it has to go!

So that leaves me wondering what to do? Buy a original head unit and have connectivity problems eg aux input/Bluetooth, or find something modern that suits?

Can you link an auxiliary input somehow using a original unit? Like through the cd changer input?
    What issues do you have having a modern unit running the HK amp?
    The Europa unit that's in there now appears to have a long cable reaching down into the passenger footwell is this normal? What adapter cable might I use with modern head unit?

I also seem to have a Sony cd changer, that's not right surely, kinda remember he said that doesn't work!

Can you tell what you have in yours if not standard please.

Cheers Paul

I replaced the OEM headunit with a Becker unit..with an aditional lead for mp3/phone altho it has made the CD changer redundant,if you wanted to keep CD'S the unit required is a Silverstone CD changer...the rear HK speakers are useless and tiny,some people change these over to Focal's with good results.

Comment

The solution

Ahhh finally the solution to this headache....

Bluetooth Music Handsfree MP3 CD Changer Adapter BMW E36 E46 Z3 Business Radio

On eBay check them out

Have business CD and one of these ordered

Comment

Working...
      X