M Coupe scale models 1:18/1:43/1:87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Coupe scale models 1:18/1:43/1:87

managed to track down a 1:43 scale estoril blue official bmw m coupe model, these have been discontinued for years but I managed to find one at a bmw dealers in Dublin. there is one on ebay at the moment but they are asking £50 for it.

Last edited by Dave P; 16-01-2021, 05:55 PM.

I've got 2 (a 1:43 and 1:18) and I drive a roadster

but I've got 5 roadsters, a Z1 and 2 Z8's (all dealer models) SWMBO has banned me from buying an more.

They come up pretty regular on eBay and go for anything for £20 to £70! normally but if your patient you can pick up some bargains (two of mine were <£10 incl postage ;-)
    VIDEO or Journal

Comment

the prices of the models are all over the place just like the real cars!, theres a 1:18 black coupe at the moment on ebay for &#163;60!!
      Last edited by Dave P; 02-01-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

You need some Schnitzer wheels on ;-)
        VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
          I've got 2 (a 1:43 and 1:18) and I drive a roadster

but I've got 5 roadsters, a Z1 and 2 Z8's (all dealer models) SWMBO has banned me from buying an more.

They come up pretty regular on eBay and go for anything for £20 to £70! normally but if your patient you can pick up some bargains (two of mine were <£10 incl postage ;-)

SWMBO? I suspect it has something to do with 'her indoors'?
          Ex-1999 Z3 M Coupe S50
          Cosmos black / two tone Black & Kyalami interior
          Tilt sunroof/heated seats/chrome M gear shift/ Harman-Kardon Hi-Fi pack
          Engine strut brace/ventilated discs/cruise

weeeeeeeeee!!

Plus the 'daily driver': (Which is a secret because it's far too embarrassing!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
            You need some Schnitzer wheels on ;-)
            I have spoken to Chris Rossiter who tells me they are no longer available

Comment

Keep a look out

I managed to get one of the Dealer models on ebay for £20 (same as one for sale at £50 at moment)
              Also picked up a scabby silver one which I dismantled, mended and sprayed gloss yellow to be close to my precious Dakar M.
              Looks the part (masked off badges and such before painting.
              Do not think there has ever been a yellow one made.
              2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
              Ex Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
              Ex Caterham 7

Comment

Originally posted by Tig View Post
                I managed to get one of the Dealer models on ebay for £20 (same as one for sale at £50 at moment)
                Also picked up a scabby silver one which I dismantled, mended and sprayed gloss yellow to be close to my precious Dakar M.
                Looks the part (masked off badges and such before painting.
                Do not think there has ever been a yellow one made.
                they did do a imola model so maybe they also did a dakar

Comment

Originally posted by Tig View Post
                  I managed to get one of the Dealer models on ebay for &#163;20 (same as one for sale at &#163;50 at moment)
                  Those 1:43 Minichamps models in plastic cases are not worth more than a few quid and most certainly not &#163;50! The ones that you want are the 1:18 UT models and the "dealer" models only came in Silver and are in black cardboard boxes with a silver stamping of "BMW". I've only ever seen a handful on ebay in the past 7 years and I bought mine for &#163;20 in 2004(ish). If you see one, then you should try to get one of those.
                  Last edited by exdos; 29-01-2010, 05:57 PM.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Paid £105 for my silver 1:18 M Coupe on ebay a few years ago. My red, blue and black ones were cheaper - as you would expect!!

Very rare, but nice to have.
                    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                      Paid £105 for my silver 1:18 M Coupe on ebay a few years ago. My red, blue and black ones were cheaper - as you would expect!!

Very rare, but nice to have.
                      Ian,

As we both know, the increased premium for silver 1:18 UT models over the other colours, reflects the fact that S54 MCs in Titan Silber also carry a premium
                      /// Exdos ///
                      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

heres the part numbers from the 1999 model brochure if anyone is looking for a m coupe model

1:18 80 43 9 422 194 estoril blue
                        1:18 80 43 0 020 856 silver
                        1:43 80 42 9 422 195 estoril blue
                        1:43 80 42 9 422 196 imola
                        1:87 80 41 9 423 113 estoril blue
                        1:87 80 41 9 423 112 silver
                        Last edited by Dave P; 20-01-2011, 10:28 PM. Reason: added new part numbers

Comment

As always, exdos is the font of knowledge and fine breeding!!
                          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

old post but just to clarify BMW dealers sold 1:18 models in different colours including estoril blue, arctic silver , imola red and cosmos black, all models are S50. the current BMW model brochure still shows a estoril blue 1:18 model but all stock of these models has been sold.

Last edited by Dave P; 31-07-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

BMW M Coupe - 1:87

Made by HERPA. In display box. Silver. Car about one inch long.

Purchased of ebay, received today.

Looks like it could have been a dealer addition - does any one know?

Comment

Working...
                              X