S50 wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 wheel spacers

Has anyone been using wheel spacers on their coupé? Can anyone recommend using them? I'm thinking of using 10-20mm spacers on the rear so should I match this on the front too?

I've heard this can put extra strain on wheel bearings but not sure how big this issue this is?

Is this a stupid cosmetic mistake? Should I leave it standard?

Cheers Paul

The car really benefits from 10mm spacers all round, especially when lowered. I've used spacers on and off on mine for years, no wheel bearing issues.

However there is a chance of vibration, and with 10mm (Eibach) you need to ensure it sits on the hub face (they didn't with mine, they sat on the spigot/dust cover and left 0.5mm gap between the spacer and hubface - glad I checked before tightening the wheel bolts other wise it would just crack the spacer!). 12mm H&R are a safer bet. Get longer wheels bolts on ebay 35mm thread length is what you need at the size.
    Last edited by c_w; 18-07-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I've been running 12mm hubcentric spacers with longer bolts for a couple of years now. No probs at all
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Went with 12mm bimmec spacers and lock nut set... handling feels great and looks great!

Comment

agreed! 10mm upfront, 12mm on the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulb1678 View Post
            Went with 12mm bimmec spacers and lock nut set... handling feels great and looks great!
            I have exactly the same - 12mm all round. I think it looks just right and have had no issues with them.
            '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

I have just ordered 12mm H&R wheel spacers all round and waiting for them to arrive!
              I know I need to get 35/37mm longer wheel bolts but just wondered if they are standard or do I need any particular spec bolt.
              Thanks
              1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Stink View Post
                I have just ordered 12mm H&R wheel spacers all round and waiting for them to arrive!
                I know I need to get 35/37mm longer wheel bolts but just wondered if they are standard or do I need any particular spec bolt.
                Thanks
                Should be same a standard bolts but just a bit longer. My spacers came from https://cmwheels.com/ and came with the correct bolts included, but they also sell sets of bolts separately.
                '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Just standard fitment but longer thread length. Standard thread length is 25mm, so you want as you say 37mm for 12mm spacers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x16-12x1-...QAAMXQUmFSnIS2

Comment

That's great, thanks.
                    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X