• Originally posted by MasterMiller View Post
    You got any of these for sale Dave?

Sorry I haven't any for sale

Comment

• New throttle cable,

Comment

• A few more misc. parts,

Comment

• Didn´t realise BMW switched to black on white for dealer plates.

But then again, the white on black are the period correct ones, so I´m surprised Dave got these.

Comment

• Originally posted by MParallel View Post
            Didn´t realise BMW switched to black on white for dealer plates.

But then again, the white on black are the period correct ones, so I´m surprised Dave got these.
            They must have changed recently, the black pressed versions are no doubt more expensive to produce as the white version is just a standard number plate and they print the stickers in the dealership from a list on file

Comment

• Recently I've been in Birningham for Medical congres (What a city :P ) , dealer called Synther... they were not able to print those white dealer plates: only capital letters they said. but cost around 30 GBP. Those black ones are no longer available. Cost 3 GBP when available.
              S50 estoril 12/1998
              S50 titansilver 03/2000

Comment

• Originally posted by witek View Post
                Recently I've been in Birningham for Medical congres (What a city :P ) , dealer called Synther... they were not able to print those white dealer plates: only capital letters they said. but cost around 30 GBP. Those black ones are no longer available. Cost 3 GBP when available.
                I don't think it would be too difficult to reproduce the white version as its just a standard number plate backing

Comment

• Car is out of hibernation , MOT passed this morning with no advisories but vanos isn't working correctly and is showing a intake solenoid fault so needs further inspection

Comment

• ooh may be a call to Mr Vanos coming up then Dave but could just be a sticking solenoid which aren't cheap in the first place.
                    Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                    ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      ooh may be a call to Mr Vanos coming up then Dave but could just be a sticking solenoid which aren't cheap in the first place.

Its strange as the vanos does appear to work at times so may be the solenoid or hopefully just a bad connection/dry solder joint, I have ordered the seals and gasket so will try and take a better look over the weekend.

Luckily Darren Woods who service the car also do vanos repairs and they are only a few miles away.

Comment

• Mine went through a "flat" period for ages about a year ago but it seems to have fixed itself. It's always manifests itself with sluggish throttle response and flat mid-range. But at the moment it's nice and perky (took it out for a run last night and it felt great). I would say the engine seems to like a good run, and it always seemed to be at it's peak after a trackday.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
                          Mine went through a "flat" period for ages about a year ago but it seems to have fixed itself. It's always manifests itself with sluggish throttle response and flat mid-range. But at the moment it's nice and perky (took it out for a run last night and it felt great). I would say the engine seems to like a good run, and it always seemed to be at it's peak after a trackday.

Just had a look and the connection was loose on the intake solenoid so re tensioned the metal spring clip and appears to be holding firm now.

Comment

• Always good to find a fix!

Comment

• EWS box found lurking under steering column,

Comment

• Replaced throttle cable today, straight forward to do and took around 30 minutes.

remove the two plastic dash panels to give access to top of pedal,

remove cable from pedal and retain black rubber grommet,

Last edited by Dave P; 08-04-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X