Life after the M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life after the M Coupe

So then what did you try / buy and why? I've a hankering for a RR sport one day, but not sure about the image or reliability.

Some of you may have spotted I sold my car at the weekend after never getting round to doing an advert. Having had it for over 6 years it had become part of the family... like our dog. As the pooch grew I used the car less right to point I bought a 5 series touring where I drove the coupe hardly ever. 12 months on that wasn't going to change so the coupe has gone. Sad I know.

Anyway - I'm sure we have loads of ex owners looking in and some that bought another - so tell us about your other cars?

This is probably in the wrong forum but hey I'm allowed

Looked at the rr sport myself but a bit small for me I've been in a supercharged and a tdv8 and they go well my mate works in Landrover development and he has his own tuning company if you buy one and need a tweek
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Not driven one yet. Are they less roomy than my 5?

Comment

Hmmmm I went to a 306 gti. That lasted about 3 months after costing me more to keep it on the road in 2 months than I spent buying it. Can't remember what I went to after that. Strange car that, I think it was actually better than the MC if you were driving it hard. If you were not (so 90% of the time) it was horrible though and unreliable.

I do sometimes miss the MC, not sure if I'd buy another now though, modern cars are improving at such a rate that once you get used to a newer performance car its hard to go back.......

I do have a random hankering for an E36 M3 evo... but I know its going to be a rust bucket and probably cost me a fortune to keep.

Congrats on the sale.
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

1M Coupe for me

June delivery.

Mordern day equivalent in my eyes - got the pace, got the rareity, hell its even got a face only its mother could love - just my cup of tea.

Can't decide whether to put BMW 23M on it though?
          BMW 1M Coupe (sold)
          BMW Boxercup Replika

Apparently, other manufacturers do exist.....

Comment

Ooh exciTING

Comment

Originally posted by MGR View Post
              Congrats on the sale.
              Cheers. Wouldnt say im over the moon but if a car doesnt fit your life any longer theres little you can do.

Comment

I sold mine late last year and moved onto a 911. Similar engine performance but the 911 handles better.

[IMG=http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/161/img0490wi.th.jpg][/IMG]

I do miss the straight six sound and the quirky looks of the z3mcoupe.

Comment

I also seriously looked at a 911.

But for me the 1M is more or less the same size with exactly the same performance/economy as a new 997 C2 but its £28,000 cheaper. Now, I know all about brand snobbery but for £28,000 you can keep it!!

The final clincher for me is that I also want to use this car for work to visit clients and I don't think 2011 is the right year to rock up in 911!

One day I'll have a 911, but I'll wait until I can get a GT3 as a garage queen.
                  BMW 1M Coupe (sold)
                  BMW Boxercup Replika

Apparently, other manufacturers do exist.....

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
                    Not driven one yet. Are they less roomy than my 5?
                    Hard to describe. Like an e46 in the front a 5 series in the back and a surprisingly big boot

Ps I know what you mean about the dog i work away during the week, my lock ups miles from home and I'm getting another dog I love the coupe but it never gets used.

And with me my dog ends up being a big part of my life . I could put the dog in the rear of the mc but it's such a shame to spoil a mint car
                    That said if I was loaded I'd have both

I'm looking at the full fat head says diesel heart says supercharged
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I am about to find out soon :( Just bought a dodge viper rt10 and I am awaiting delivery (4 weeks or so). as I am keeping the mustang as a sensible daily driver the zmc might have to go. although that's what I said when I bought the ponycar and 1.5 years later the mcoupe is still in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by breadvanman View Post

Can't decide whether to put BMW 23M on it though?
                        No it will look crap, sell it to me pleeeeeeeeese
                        VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by MGR View Post
                          ...... modern cars are improving at such a rate that once you get used to a newer performance car its hard to go back.......
                          I find it easy to go back..........Thats exactly why I bought a Z3m over a more modern car, I wanted a fun retro small sports car that would remain retro for the next 20 years and I could not find a better car to suit my needs.

Having said that its not my daily driver / I can drive much faster / more comfortable cars whenever I like but its the car I look forward to driving the most
                          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

I too like older cars. Modern ones are just getting too hard to maintain. I think it will be interesting what becomes of the E60 M5 and E92 M3 when they are 20 years old. There are thousands of them, and they are wonderful cars but they are ruinously expensive to maintain. There will be a lot of moneypits around.

Comment

for my life an small car diesel for every day and little trip the panda multijet is great for everyday...
                              The m coupe,also the mine is really now an more focus on track-setup,it's my the best toy ..Last week stay for passeger for an bit inside the new m3 on the road an perfect car but too much an saloon for my taste,anyway seems the best option in next years when life change and will have a son.
                              Anyway in next two year the 997 s and m3 e92 will go very down for price and will be an good replace..
                              If change now an 996 turbo/gt3 or z06 is the best for me..
                              www.fastdrive.org
                              S50 black/black-red In Rome
                              Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Working...
                              X