Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sod waiting till the weekend, I'm checking this as soon as I finish work.......I thought Coop paranoia was reserved for Fiat Coupes (I'm allowed to say that, I've owned one!) not BMW M Coupes!!!

Comment

Mansfa and Wav...Any updates on this?

It would be really helpful for owners that suffer this problem in the future, if more info could be posted relating to the out come of the FOC claims thus far. Specifically cars that are out of the AUC cover.

I'm sure there must be a goodwill code that is applied to this fault - if so it would be good to post it on this thread. Perhaps even a scan of the paperwork / invoice confirming that the work has been done as goodwill.

If BMW have done it once, then they have set a precident.
      Last edited by h4pry; 19-06-2008, 11:00 AM.
      Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
      In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Due to the importance of this thread and its relevance to most MC owners I am going to sticky it for a few weeks so that it can be suitably updated.

Hopefully we'll be able to add it to Coupe Fan's thread regarding successfull warranty claims.

Cheers
        Last edited by h4pry; 19-06-2008, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Update 19/06:

BMW dont seem to think that the welds have failed on the bootfloor, erm, I saw three that have....?

They have obviously found a raft of other faults:
          -Clutch, worn out (replaced 7000 miles ago)
          -new shocks (I dont concur)
          -new top mounts, front and rear (replaced 3000 miles ago)

they were still compling the list, in short the car is unroadworthly, despite it undergoing a suspension overhaul 3000 miles ago - cowboys?

Am going to have word with the service bloke when he gets back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mansfa View Post
            Update 19/06:

BMW dont seem to think that the welds have failed on the bootfloor, erm, I saw three that have....?

They have obviously found a raft of other faults:
            -Clutch, worn out (replaced 7000 miles ago)
            -new shocks (I dont concur)
            -new top mounts, front and rear (replaced 3000 miles ago)

they were still compling the list, in short the car is unroadworthly, despite it undergoing a suspension overhaul 3000 miles ago - cowboys?

Am going to have word with the service bloke when he gets back to me.

Where about are you based ? I know a few decent BMW garages in my area that are very good.
            Ex 2001 S54
            New cars:
            Lotus Carlton
            350Z

Comment

Central london....

would appreciate any suggestions of BMW dealers with experience of this car - these guys arent inspiring confidence.

Comment

Central london....

would appreciate any suggestions of BMW dealers with experience of this car - these guys arent inspiring confidence.
                When I bought mine, from a bloke in Clapham, I spoke to BMW Battersea, and they never got the chance to look at the car (the BMW authorised check thing), as I was pretty happy I was dealing with someone who wouldn't have been able to identify an MC from a line-up ...

Jez
                1998 Cosmos Black - Not quite standard ...

Comment

Give him his due he was precise in his quotations, which rapidly crept up...i'll have him fix a few minor things and then take the car to Hexagon for a second opinion....

Comment

Give him his due he was precise in his quotations, which rapidly crept up...i'll have him fix a few minor things and then take the car to Hexagon for a second opinion....
                    Had you not noticed these other faults? Does the car have a comprehensive service history?

Comment

• Originally posted by mansfa View Post
                      Central london....

hmm probably a bit far for you but sytners in sunningdale have mine in regularly and there are a few others that go there a lot. Once they had 2 phoenix in at the same time !
                      Last edited by MGR; 19-06-2008, 06:38 PM.
                      Ex 2001 S54
                      New cars:
                      Lotus Carlton
                      350Z

Comment

• FRONT top mounts too? hmmm these don't often "go" like the rears. Why are they checking for other faults when the boot floor fault is what you took it in for?

Comment

• Evening gents,
                          Well, you can add me to the growing list...

I checked on Friday after reading this thread. My diff bracket looks ok (not cracked) but my boot floor is being pulled down by the diff, spot welds have failed and the floor panel is starting to tear. See link to picture:

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?i...otfloorgn6.jpg

I went to BMW Stratstone Milton Keynes and spoke to the 'Bodyshop Advisor' - nice guy and seemed to be on my side, I made it clear that I was aiming for a 'good will' repair by bmw uk. The outcome was that the regional manager would have a look at it on 23rd July and give me a decision, idealy it would be sooner.

So, in short......I need ammo
                          Wav, mansfa, vaninblack, nemesis please can you forward information from your experiences, it would be much appreciated. Job numbers, dealerships, names of bmw employees you have dealt with. etc.

craig dot gardiner at forceindiaf1 dot com

I'll be sure to update you with any progress.

Many thanks,
                          Craig
                          Imola S50 1999

Comment

• I am most definitely no expert but that looks like it has been welded before.
                            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

• Yep, my thoughts also.
                              Imola S50 1999

Comment

• ....on the welding, not the expert part, ha.
                                Imola S50 1999

Comment

Working...
                                X