Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No such thing as "sunroof delete"; the sunroof was a factory extra at £390 in UK (July 1999 price).
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrmartin03 View Post
      I'm helping to sell this coupe in the US. It's a 2002 sunroof-delete in alpine white over black. It's the only S54 in that configuration here in North America and only has 27k miles.

Looks good in white and rare to see a non sunroof car in the States where they were standard equipment

Comment

I'm helping to sell this coupe in the US. It's a 2002 sunroof-delete in alpine white over black. It's the only S54 in that configuration here in North America and only has 27k miles.

I Love it! Only one white here is the UK

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

• Does look well in white.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
            A similar picture to this, although estoril, is what made me want a coupe
            photos taken early 2013

anyone have gpower splitters?

Comment

• Originally posted by msilvia View Post
              photos taken early 2013

anyone have gpower splitters?
              I have these on the pics, they're not gpower though but "never done" mini splitters.

Comment

• Originally posted by ian View Post
                No such thing as "sunroof delete"; the sunroof was a factory extra at £390 in UK (July 1999 price).
                Yeah, it's more of a North American thing. Over here less than 15% do not have a sunroof.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

Comment

Yeah, it's more of a North American thing. Over here less than 15% do not have a sunroof.
                  That's interesting. If sunroof was standard in NA, was it a no cost option to delete or did the buyer get a reduction in price?

Don't know the details but, anecdotally, would guess there are less in the UK with sunroof than without.

Comment

That's interesting. If sunroof was standard in NA, was it a no cost option to delete or did the buyer get a reduction in price?

Don't know the details but, anecdotally, would guess there are less in the UK with sunroof than without.
                    It was <$300 option that pretty much all dealerships spec-ed for the cars they ordered. The majority of the "deletes" were individually special-order cars.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

Comment

It was <$300 option that pretty much all dealerships spec-ed for the cars they ordered. The majority of the "deletes" were individually special-order cars.
                      I see, so it was also actually an option in the US as well as the UK and elsewhere. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• Perhaps it's a different in the US market? where perhaps they order new cars which sit in the dealers for someone to buy and drive off in sameday, whereas in the UK I think most new cars are taken as custom orders/specs and people wait months and months for it!

Comment

In the U.K. the rarest spec cars do not have a sunroof.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

• Originally posted by c_w View Post
                            Perhaps it's a different in the US market? where perhaps they order new cars which sit in the dealers for someone to buy and drive off in sameday, whereas in the UK I think most new cars are taken as custom orders/specs and people wait months and months for it!
                            I suspect quite a few dealers had showroom Coupes which came with manufacturer bonus's there to incentivise registrations. With the model being less in demand than the equivalent E36/E46 M3 meant the Coupe didn't sell particularly quickly, or the showroom cars being to the customers spec thus causing cars to sit in stock, widening the date of production to date of registration.

Still to this day BMW automatically build cars which can be spec adjusted. If the car gets to the point of being built with the spec not altered by a new retail customer the car will be go into stock with BMW GB for immediate delivery to dealers.

The showroom cars are likely to have the full set of options. Dealers earn a greater % with more options. By today's standard a sunroof was relatively cheap and very much a sign of the times, like the popularity of Silver paintwork compared to today for example.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X