Idling issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling issues

And here is another one - I noted that after a bit more spirited drive, the car starts idling very high - 1000, 1200 revs. And there is almost no way of bringing it back to regular 750-800. It happens only after a bit of more vivid driving - does not have to be a lot, but if eg. I want to make a nice dash from the lamps, or quickly overtake and revvit high only for a moment, the high idling thing almost always appears. When I drive all relaxed, car is rock-solid idling at 750.

Sometimes a quick kick in the accelerator helps idle coming lower a bit, or sometimes afer a longer time it slowly comes down to say 900, but usually it the engine has to be turned off for e while and re-started.

I have brand new set of sparks (NGK PKR7) and air filter, but the issue was there with the old things too.

Has anyone experience something like this?
    Last edited by Pawel; 30-06-2012, 07:12 AM.
    Best Regards,

Pawel

Could be something as simple as au sticky throttle cable (assuming S50) ? You should be able to check this at idle ie throttle body spring and cable can both dry out and worth checking you getting WOT whilst you at it (with engine off ;-) as a lot don't and don't realise so are missing out on some fun !
    VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
      worth checking you getting WOT whilst you at it (with engine off ;-) as a lot don't and don't realise so are missing out on some fun !
      sorry but im not sure i know what "WOT" is
      S50 Roadster....

Comment

Wide Open Throttle

Comment

thanks Dave
          S50 Roadster....

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have checked the throttle cable issue and it seems fine. I did come across an interesting thread on another forum here:

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42324

that sound exactly like the problem I am having - will check if this worked for me and will let you know.
            Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

Hi - just to report back - looks like this has solved the problem for me too.
              I have used WD40 - sprayed and cleaned all spring as well as joints/bolts connecting individual throttles.

Problem gone!
              Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

Working...
              X