No announcement yet.

S50 M Coupé Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next job is to sort out a/c so new compressor ordered, part number 64528385909 only available on a exchange basis with BMW

Last edited by Dave P; 11-04-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• New a/c drier 64538375754

Last edited by Dave P; 11-04-2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Dave, how much was the new A/C compressor if you don't mind me asking?

I suspect mine is bust, but no A/C is not a critical issue at the mo. On the euro road trip I'm planning it might be sorely missed!

Comment

• Originally posted by dunx View Post
            Dave, how much was the new A/C compressor if you don't mind me asking?

I suspect mine is bust, but no A/C is not a critical issue at the mo. On the euro road trip I'm planning it might be sorely missed!
            £595 + vat before any discount (£536) plus £119 + vat surcharge.... ouch

Comment

• Ouch indeed...think that one will have to wait a while longer then.

Comment

• Originally posted by dunx View Post
                Ouch indeed...think that one will have to wait a while longer then.
                You should be able to get one from the likes of ECP for about half that cost

Comment

• Refurb kit for steering wheel and seat bolster arrived from Germany,

Comment

• A/C bracket and pulley ready for fitting,

Comment

• New battery hose and rubber grommet,

Comment

• Rear bumper removed,

locking point,

bumper bracket mounting

bolts removed from shock absorbers

Last edited by Dave P; 23-04-2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• rear hatch side vent

rusty shock absorber

Last edited by Dave P; 23-04-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Removing rear bumper is straight forward, jack up car and remove rear wheels, remove bolt at each side of bumper that holds the arch liner in place, pull arch liners away from bumper to reveal 2

plastic nuts which hold the side bumper brackets to body, remove these and twist the brackets to remove,

remove the 2 long bolts at rear of car above exhaust pipes which attach the alloy bumper carrier to bumper shock absorbers, the sides of the

bumper are then pushed forward towards the front of the car to release the bumper from the two mounting clips each side.
                              Last edited by Dave P; 23-04-2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• All the rear bumper hardware,

Comment

Working...
                                X