Wanted: HK door tweeter/mid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: HK door tweeter/mid

A long shot I know... Looks like my driver's door speakers have blown again - don't suppose anyone has any spares? Part numbers are 65138400389 and 65138400381.
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

I'm guessing that's a no then!

Has anyone replaced their door speakers with something other than stock? The HK speakers seem very unreliable so I am loathed to keep spending £80 per speaker for something that will blow again after a couple of years...
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Is there something else causing the issue? I've never had any issues with my speakers in my car.

Comment

I always have issues with mine. THEY ARE CRAP!!!!!!!!!
        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Is it a standard headunit or replacement? could it be a wiring fault

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-ha...rIAAOSw1WJZNwn-

Comment

Thanks - has spotted the mid on ebay, but was just scouting for alternative options first. Aftermarket head unit, but the footwell speaker is working as is the passenger side, so I suspect it is the speakers.

About 3-4 years ago, I spotted that the drivers side wasn't working, and discovered that the drivers mid and both tweeters had gone... Replaced them all but just noticed that they have gone again.

Comment

I'm sure I read the ohm is an odd figure on these? Perhaps related if you use an aftermarket headunit? Might just be making this up though!

Comment

Stock speakers are rated at 4 ohm...

Comment

Went gremlin chasing yesterday and narrowed this down. Speakers were actually fine, as was the amp. There is a connector under the rubber cover as the wires exit to the door which must have come loose. It is impossible to get the bolt off that holds it unless you remove the door, but I managed to reach the back of it from inside the footwell speaker hole and wiggle the connector back in.

Result!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                    Is there something else causing the issue? I've never had any issues with my speakers in my car.
                    playing drum & bass at full volume?...

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
                      Went gremlin chasing yesterday and narrowed this down. Speakers were actually fine, as was the amp. There is a connector under the rubber cover as the wires exit to the door which must have come loose. It is impossible to get the bolt off that holds it unless you remove the door, but I managed to reach the back of it from inside the footwell speaker hole and wiggle the connector back in.

Result!
                      nice one

Comment

Working...
                      X