S50 Which oil to use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opie Oils is a bit confusing, in terms of Fuchs Oil anyway

If you put in the S50 details, it comes back with Fuchs Titan SuperSyn - and quite cheap at £26.95 for 6L

Last post mentions Pro S but on the website again there seems to be two variants of this - Silkolene Pro S (but with a picture of Titan Race Pro) and Titan Race Pro S

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Comment

It's the same oil rebranded now I think.

Comment

Has anyone seen mr vanos advice on oil?

He claims 10w60 is deffo wrong for the s50 and he see engines become sludged up with this oil. He says the 5w40 is the right oil for our cars.

Have a look at his site he is also on Facebook and has plenty of write ups.

Mine now has the Fuchs 5w40

Ash

Comment

Have been using 5/40 since having my Vanos rebuilt with no problems at all..

Comment

So which 5w40 have you's been using? The Titan Race Pro or the cheaper Titan SuperSyn?

Comment

Supersyn with no problems at all...as recomended

Comment

I'm using the pro race

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                  Supersyn with no problems at all...as recomended
                  Same here just ordered

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-154189-...&FitmentNotes=

Hope this helps!

Comment

Its oil change time again but I'm honestly not looking to bring up the old 5w40 v 10w60 debate as there is plenty of info on here for everyone to make up their mind.

I've been using the 10w60 but thinking I might try the 5w40 this time, albeit I haven't had any issues with the 10w60

In terms of the 5w40 the Fuchs brand seems to be the most popular but what I'm interested in is the difference between the Titan Race Pro S and the Titan SuperSyn. Is it too simplistic to say that the Race is geared more towards track usage?

Also, for everyone using this grade and brand which one are you using? From my last post in this thread asking the question I think one was using the Race Pro S and other SuperSyn.

Cheers

Comment

I used Pro S and it seemed fine......although as with many oil issues things always seem fine until it's too late (!)

Comment

Problem with the Castrol 10W60 is the silted, for example.

A guy here in germany which repairs vanos and make engines race stable told me to use the agip 10w60 racing.

Wired...

Comment

What do you mean by silted?

10/60 Castrol is fine IMO - as with any oil, regular changes - regardless of mileage - are key to engine cleanliness and longeivity.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                            What do you mean by silted?

10/60 Castrol is fine IMO - as with any oil, regular changes - regardless of mileage - are key to engine cleanliness and longeivity.
                            Not my car, but for example

It was on a steady diet of Castrol Edge 10w-60 . 4-5K mile OCI. Driven rather hard. After 11K miles (that's the engine's total mileage), it looks like this:

Comment

There is something very wrong there. Have driven my car, always using Castrol edge 10/60, for over 200K miles and its as clean as anything internally.
                              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

No longer using Castrol 10w60 in my S50

Comment

Working...
                                X