No announcement yet.

My Imola S50 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally ticked something off the list i've been wanting to do for a long time.

When i bought the car in 2011 there was a small amount of surface rust just starting to show on the drivers rear arch and sill edges.

Of course with time it has only gotten worse

Some kind soul had left me this in the works car park a month back:

The front bumper was looking tatty by now so that went on the list.

So it has finally spent the last week and a half at the paint shop, and returned today in resplendent form!

It did have to have a new sill cover from BMW as after the old paint was stripped from the original, it was found to be in pretty rough shape!

The undersides of the front and rear arches and new sill covers have all been undersealed / waxoyled so the dreaded rot should be back for another 15+ years!

Also added a new genuine rear M badge as the old one was ropey, and a new front roundel for the same reason.

When reversing it back on the drive I noticed the clutch pedal seemed to be getting progressively more wonky, to the point where I could push it to the left of (and past) my adjustable clutch stop. Rather than go for just new bushes, ive also ordered a new pedal arm and rubber just to make sure the squeak and slop don't come back soon.

Inspection 2 is next on the list so the big bills seem to keep on coming!

Cheers
    Tom

Comment

Its looking good Tom

Comment

Originally posted by topgeartom View Post
        Finally ticked something off the list i've been wanting to do for a long time.

When i bought the car in 2011 there was a small amount of surface rust just starting to show on the drivers rear arch and sill edges.

Of course with time it has only gotten worse

Some kind soul had left me this in the works car park a month back:

The front bumper was looking tatty by now so that went on the list.

So it has finally spent the last week and a half at the paint shop, and returned today in resplendent form!

It did have to have a new sill cover from BMW as after the old paint was stripped from the original, it was found to be in pretty rough shape!

The undersides of the front and rear arches and new sill covers have all been undersealed / waxoyled so the dreaded rot should be back for another 15+ years!

Also added a new genuine rear M badge as the old one was ropey, and a new front roundel for the same reason.

When reversing it back on the drive I noticed the clutch pedal seemed to be getting progressively more wonky, to the point where I could push it to the left of (and past) my adjustable clutch stop. Rather than go for just new bushes, ive also ordered a new pedal arm and rubber just to make sure the squeak and slop don't come back soon.

Inspection 2 is next on the list so the big bills seem to keep on coming!

Cheers
        Tom
        I must get round to sorting my sills too!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Working...
        X