Hi all,

After 4 years of ownership, the time has come to part ways with my Coupe:

- 92k miles
    - HPI clear
    - black on black leather interior, heated seats, a/c
    - MOT July 2018
    - Inspection 2 carried out July 2017
    - Wheels refurbed at Lepsons in "dark anthracite" and in perfect condition
    - 4 new tyres with less than 250 miles (Hankook Ventus v12 Evo 2)

The car has a full service history (including the running in service) at a mixture of BMW and indy garages. In my time, I have exclusively taken the car to Mark at MJF Engineering in Dorking; his reputation speaks for itself. He has carried out:

- welding and strengthening of rear diff mount / subframe on first visit, along with full inspection for any of the common issues (boot floor etc.)

- subsequent inspection 1, 2 x oil services and an inspection 2 carried out in July of this year

Small mods / work in my ownership:

- Replaced throttle cable
    - Braided clutch hose fitted
    - Black kidney grilles fitted
    - Replaced headunit with Clairon FZ102E - great OEM appearance. I still have the original HK unit, which will come with the car
    - Short shift gear lever fitted
    - Replaced boot, bonnet and wheel roundels and all M power stickers

Mechanically the car is fantastic, pulls like an ox through all the gears and has never given me any bother. Like any car nearly 20 years old, it does have paint chips, minor bumper scrapes etc. that could use some TLC.

An M coupe was THE only car I wanted to own growing up and it's been a real privilege to own and drive it for the past 4 years, but hand-on-heart, with so few of these around and how little I use it (5000 miles in 4 years), I want it to go to a new owner who is as desperate to find one as I was and who will take care of it for years to come.

I'm looking for £27,500, which I think is quite competitive vs. what's on the market at the moment. Car is available for viewing in Peckham, London.

Thanks for reading!
    Attached Files

a few more pics...

and a link to the gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/3aartqj2g/
    Attached Files

Comment

Car is now on eBay as I feel things move slowly on the forum these days. Still available to any interested buyers through the forum:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163048723...84.m1558.l2649

Comment

I noticed in your ebay ad, you state no abs... not sure if thats right,?

Comment

I stand corrected - I don’t know why I ever thought that was the case! I’ll edit the ad. Cheers for that!

Comment

FYI - car is relisted on eBay, with a bit of extra info. Didn't make the reserve last time but wasn't too far away

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-M-...r/163083214041

Comment

also on Pistonheads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--1999/8743391

Comment

Re-listed my car on eBay and again it didn't sell with a very low reserve (or at least I thought it was low).

I'm really surprised it's proving so difficult to shift. What do people reckon: colour combo? location (is London too much of a pain for most people)? condition (I've obviously pointed out the flaws as I see them) or just luck?

Be interested to hear thoughts as I think it's a great car for it's age and could be had for considerably less than I've seen anything else available for.

Cheers!

Comment

What is the reserve?

Comment

There are an unusually high number of cars for sale presently.

Values appear to have risen, however the number of buyers hasn't risen at the same rate.

Comment

Hi there

Not sure what the reserve is now but to give you an indication of what money these sell for currently I sold a blue 99/T with 95k full history with recent Inspection 2 service, glass our respray, driver seat re-trim, and totally standard for £25.5k in March, advertised on Pistonheads and sold to the first person to view, I did also have 3-4 other very strong enquiries.

Not wishing to flame your car but personally the colour of the wheels would stop me following up your ad in today’s market, by which I mean there is currently quite a lot of choice.

There is a black 00/W car due to go through Brooklands auction next month with about 75k, guide price of 24-30k this may give an indication of current values.
                      Estoril S50 (nicely pimped) and a few other M toys.

Comment

Both fair points.

I had the reserve set at £17,500 but was hoping it would get a good bit more than that!

I've had a couple of inquiries and based on those I guess I'm being a bit too optimistic on price.

To that end: car available to forum members for £22,500.

Interesting point on the wheels. I really like the colour (obviously), but it's a £350 job at Lepsons so surprising people would be put off by that, but I'll take it on board...

Comment

Cars prices etc..

I am a prospective buyer and had attempted to buy rods yellow coupe..but house sale fell through but now in position to proceed......
                          I look daily and have budget 20k ish and i know what that buys and accept I am going to spend up to 10k to a.condition I would be happy with.
                          With that in mind would not pay 30k or eve 25k for a car that.may need investment ....i would look at an alternate as much as I love the Z3M .....unless the car is sorted or very low miles or Dave p car I personally would not pay 35k other may
                          plus....porsche 911 997 gen 2 .money....
                          I am serious buyer 100k mile no concern but sensible price ....as buyers in 15 to 20 year old card at 35k investment makes it a niche market...

Comment

Great discount for forum members........

Why do eBay users get a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by LanterneRouge View Post
                              Both fair points.

I had the reserve set at £17,500 but was hoping it would get a good bit more than that!

I've had a couple of inquiries and based on those I guess I'm being a bit too optimistic on price.

To that end: car available to forum members for £22,500.

Interesting point on the wheels. I really like the colour (obviously), but it's a £350 job at Lepsons so surprising people would be put off by that, but I'll take it on board...
                              I thought I may have posted but maybe didn't send it, but yes the wheels could put people off. I think a period set of silverchrome S50 wheels would look better IMO. With less detail, so I would remove the "mod/work list" and refit the OE headunit. The more detail you put in an ad, the more people will make their mind up to dismiss before seeing it.

Also (sorry not trying to pick at it too much!), take some better photos in nicer lighting and setting, with the doors shut :)

Silver with black interior is pretty solid combo, and miles is pretty good also.

Comment

Working...
                              X