No announcement yet.

Braided clutch line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mechanic has just tried to fit the £5 Ebay brake hose to my S54 and it wont fit - well the connections fit but he said the end connections will pull through the metal brackets where the hose meets the solid connection points as some use (as shown in the picture posted by Dave).

I have had a quick look for the Earls item and it is no longer listed on Ebay - has anyone found one for sale of late? I have mailed them via Ebay to see if they are available.
    Last edited by Spooks; 30-11-2012, 10:55 AM.
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

give them a call as I am sure they still do them

https://secure.demonweb.co.uk/earls1...=index&cPath=1

http://www.earls.co.uk/earls/accesso...lameguard.html
      Last edited by Dave P; 30-11-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Yes call or email them direct
        They will already have the sizes and fittings on file so just tell them your cars year/model and they will make one up n send it out!!!

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          Originally posted by indy View Post
          Yes call or email them direct
          They will already have the sizes and fittings on file so just tell them your cars year/model and they will make one up n send it out!!!
          Will do cheers - will let you know what they say.
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
            My mechanic has just tried to fit the £5 Ebay brake hose to my S54 and it wont fit - well the connections fit but he said the end connections will pull through the metal brackets where the hose meets the solid connection points as some use (as shown in the picture posted by Dave).

I have had a quick look for the Earls item and it is no longer listed on Ebay - has anyone found one for sale of late? I have mailed them via Ebay to see if they are available.
            Sorry to hear that, I can't remember seeing any problems like this when I fitted mine. I'm sure there was a rubber grommet that was very tight that keeps the hose in place.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
              Sorry to hear that, I can't remember seeing any problems like this when I fitted mine. I'm sure there was a rubber grommet that was very tight that keeps the hose in place.
              It was worth a try, maybe a slightly different fixing or different fittings on the actually hose. He said he tried to put a washer in place but couldn't get the hose to fix securely with the metal clips.

Funnilly enough, the change seems slightly better for removing and replacing the original item!

Comment

Will do cheers - will let you know what they say.
                did you get any further with Earls?

Comment

did you get any further with Earls?
                  Nothing no, messaged them twice with no reply.

To be honest I need to call them and see, its fine in the cold months, just on a hot summers day when drag racing off against other MCs at Silverstone that it became very difficult

Comment

The original hose works fine for normal use.

Understand bleeding can be difficult which can leave air in the system.
                    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

SPOOKS ! I have one i will be happy to send to you,ive just never fitted it,we better check part numbers etc before posting tho.i will dig it out over the w/end,i can take some pics and email them to you for comparison if you want?

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                        SPOOKS ! I have one i will be happy to send to you,ive just never fitted it,we better check part numbers etc before posting tho.i will dig it out over the w/end,i can take some pics and email them to you for comparison if you want?
                        Yeah please do, I will have a look on realoem to see about part numbers. Drop me a pm and we can discuss terms!

Comment

Spooks,,send me your phone number by pm please,and i will send you a pic of the one i have.

Comment

Earls still supply and will be back on ebay in the next couple of days

Last edited by Dave P; 07-03-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Earls still supply and will be back on ebay in the next couple of days
                              How does one know such facts?!

Comment

How does one know such facts?!
                                probably picked up the phone and called them

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                                X