UK Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Insurance

I am sure this has been covered hundreds of times before.

Just phoning around for quotes and it is a bit of a minefield. It would appear that the Z3MC falls in the no man's land between a classic and a modern.

I am looking for a classic policy: agreed value, limited milage, non main car.

Any advice / recommendation welcome.

My recommendation would be to try Bridle Insurance

I've been so impressed with both their prices, flexibility and customer service that I now put most of my insurance needs through them.
    Last edited by Fat Tony; 09-08-2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: link added
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Also worth trying Classic Line 01455 639 000
      they do special rates for BMW car club members.

Comment

+1 Bridle. 50% less than my renewal from REIS

2005, E46 M3 Carbon Black
        2007, X3 3.0d M Sport

Comment

Adrian Flux for me this year.

I know John (Exdos) posted up a little while back about the agreed policy he has, cant remember with who though.
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

When I still had my E46 M3 earlier in the year AF sent me my renewal, £545, up nearly 100 quid on last year. Tried Sky Insurance from the M3Cutters site and they came up with £592!!
            Just for a bit of daft I cranked in comparethemarket.com, one advantage I suppose of being near pensionable age is Saga came up with £333. Also get a meerkat for my grandson.

Simples!!!

Later when I bought the the Z3MC but still had the M3 as well Saga couldn't do a piggy back insurance cover because they were two high perfornace cars involved. They did however do me another 12 month policy for the M3 - very reduced annual mileage and upped excess etc, that gave me a policy with full 60% No Claims for £244. I ran policy for 3 weeks until the M3 was picked up after being sold and they gave me a refund of £229 so it cost me £5 pound a week!! Brilliant. They didn't even charge me for swopping personal reg over either unlike some companies.

Seriously though you have nothing to lose, try comparethemarket. I also saved a bundle on house insurance on the same site. Motorbike insurance is next up.
            What was amazing was the range of prices, some of the car ones going up to 2k!!!
            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
            1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I have just renewed with classicline for 220 .

Comment

Mines through RAC - under £300 includes commuting, 12K miles etc.
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

You guys must be well old....!
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Oh forgot to add that the insurance with Saga for the Z3 MC worked out a bit cheaper at £288 Fully Comp.
                    Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I'm with ClassicLine; it covers me for all my mods, an agreed valuation plus trackdays.
                      /// Exdos ///
                      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

ClassicLine seem to be doing good quotes. Might give them a try come renewal time next year. It pays to shop around.
                        Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Suprising how cheap the coupe is to insure reading on here. I'm paying £239 at the grand old age of 45.

Comment

I was with Classicline last year, but couldn't renew with them because they reduced the permitted annual mileage down to 2000 miles. When I originally too the policy out with them, they allowed 3000 miles (which was hard enough to stay within - just can't keep out of the MC, lol)
                            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Try a company called 'Need to insure' on 01623 720081.

I have had a classic policy with them for a couple of years, mods that are declared are covered at no additional cost and includes trackday cover (not that I use it).

I think that they tap into the same Aviva policies as Brindles but if you can bat quotes between them to keep them honest :)
                              S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                              X