No announcement yet.

z3 m rear axle carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got my spare subframe back from powder coating after having the Ireland toe and camber kit welded in. I had it done same as Exdos has and Ireland advise. Toe outboard and Camber inboard. If someone can host the pics I can take as many as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by siwilson View Post
      I just got my spare subframe back from powder coating after having the Ireland toe and camber kit welded in. I had it done same as Exdos has and Ireland advise. Toe outboard and Camber inboard. If someone can host the pics I can take as many as you like.
      You can add photos on here in the gallery - you log in using the same details.

Comment

Exdos that makes good sense, looks good too, got my subframe yesterday and its a cracker. Won`t get time this week or maybe next week to compare but i would think there the same.. so if i buy the brackets off ebay and could someone just confirm these eccentric part no`s..
        from a e39
        eccentric bolts 4 x 33321095102
        self locking collar nut 4 x 333267668
        eccentric flat washer 4 x 33321092310
        Would this be all i should need, if so best place to buy ?
        Regards and thanks
        Carl.

Comment

Hi Siwilson, if you could post more pics that would be great.
          Many thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by roe1963 View Post
            Exdos that makes good sense, looks good too, got my subframe yesterday and its a cracker. Won`t get time this week or maybe next week to compare but i would think there the same.. so if i buy the brackets off ebay and could someone just confirm these eccentric part no`s..
            from a e39
            eccentric bolts 4 x 33321095102
            self locking collar nut 4 x 333267668
            eccentric flat washer 4 x 33321092310
            Would this be all i should need, if so best place to buy ?
            Regards and thanks
            Carl.
            You've selected the correct eccentric bolt shown here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...33&fg=30&hl=31 so pick the part numbers for parts 11,12 & 13 in that diagram. 4 of each is all you need. Get from your local BMW dealership: they don't cost that much!
            /// Exdos ///
            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Thanks again, have placed the order on ebay for the plates and ordered the bolts ect from bmw, came to just over £100 so quite happy.
              cheers Carl.

Comment

Well it's all done, subframe is identical apart from having to weld the extra exhaust bracket. Also had the toe and camber brackets fitted plus poly bushed the subframe and diff mount.
                While the frame was off I stripped out the boot floor to check for cracks, peeled back all the soundproofing and luckily the car is just about perfect. had only popped one rivet where the diff mount sits under the floor.
                So decided to have a good freind seam weld the full boot floor around all the seams, plus drilled out the rivet plus one either side just in case, also seam welded around the underside of the boot and diff mount. looks good I must admit , all fitted up and painted in two days,, camber kit works a treat, just need it setting up at some point but near enough for now.
                Right what can I do next !!! Lol.

Comment

Working...
                X