Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are considering upgrading the handling of your MC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c_w
    Where are people buying the roll bars from? How much are they delivered?

here ya go

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3580
    Gruppe M
    EBC redstuff Pads
    EBC drilled and grooved discs
    Braided brake lines
    Gun-metal alloys
    Strong Strutt
    KW Variant 3

Comment

/// Exdos ///
      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Exdos has inspired me with his very informative post! Cleared a few doubts I had!

Was considering a change as ive had the MC nearly 2 years but there is nothing that i would change her for without loaning another 20K!!!
        Just need to gain some confidence in the handling of the car, so have decided to start the ball rolling.
        Ordered the H&R ARB kit from Maahny for £282 delivered which I thought was a good price. Next on the list is the KW3 but need a few more hours of overtime till I place the order

Comment

exdos,

thanks for the reply, point 3 is excellent regarding the differing stiffness to the front , that clears up a lot.

cheers

im probably going to fit this kit myself, with the help of my friend that has already fitted coilovers, ill try and create a "how to" document regarding installation of the kit for the m coupe incase anyone else fancies a go
          Gruppe M
          EBC redstuff Pads
          Braided brake lines
          Gun-metal alloys
          Strong Strutt
          KW Variant 3

Comment

/// Exdos ///
            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Exdos, you've mentioned that only the front is a coilover setup, the rear using the standard springs and seperate damper; how can you set the ride height 25mm lower than standard at the back, or is this just how it happened to be? or did you use different thickness spring pads?

I've managed to get mine to around 650mm rideheight at the back with some thicker spring pads, I'm happy with this but unsure if the Bilstein dampers at the rear offer enough bump resistance on some of the roads near me (ie horrible bumpy ones!). The front is noticeable more stiffer however, I think part of the reason the rear is softer is for traction and to make it less skittish.

Comment

I'll jump in here before exdos, the rear height is adj. by means of an adj. that sits between the spring and the chassis, as simple as that really.
                2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

/// Exdos ///

Comment

Originally posted by exdos

p 5ary,

if you need a "how to" change the suspension before you start, give me a shout, I can do one for you, it's simple enough.
                    that would be handy, thanks. i just found out the kit will not be here until the 17th of this month so plenty of time.

ps just fitted strong strutt yesterday, the difference is unbelieveable. for anyone that has not yet completed this upgrade .. do it!
                    Gruppe M
                    EBC redstuff Pads
                    Braided brake lines
                    Gun-metal alloys
                    Strong Strutt
                    KW Variant 3

Comment

I've now added a "How to fit KW suspension" to the original article at the beginning of this thread to make it an "all-in-one" resource.
                      /// Exdos ///

Comment

I've now added a "How to fit KW suspension" to the original article at the beginning of this thread to make it an "all-in-one" resource.
                        excellent exdos, the kit arrived and im very dissapointed with kw's own instructions yours will be very helpful.
                        thanks
                        Gruppe M
                        EBC redstuff Pads
                        Braided brake lines
                        Gun-metal alloys
                        Strong Strutt
                        KW Variant 3

Comment

/// Exdos ///

Comment

p 5ary,

I think you'll find my level of service is infintely better than KW's efforts :wink:
                            lol ,

arrrgh, finished the front yesterday, very happy, no rounding of bolt or nut heads, lots of photos to show top mount fitting etc then......................... put the wheel on and crud, rubbing against the coilover, need 10 mm spacers! luckily had a set of 5 mm spacers on hand to prevent any damage but a sheet of paper between tyre and coilover just grazes the coilover/ tyre so new nuts all round now needed as im not happy with a thread length of 25mm being reduced to 15 when the new spacers are fitted, will order a set of 35mm thread long bolts all round (typical holidays when you need the shops open)
                            Gruppe M
                            EBC redstuff Pads
                            Braided brake lines
                            Gun-metal alloys
                            Strong Strutt
                            KW Variant 3

Comment

/// Exdos ///

Comment

exdos, couple of quick questions, the rear damper comes with a washer and 2 flat nuts for the top part, im putting the original top mounts in to get an idea of setting the car height then when the togue top mounts arrive ill put them in, what is the order of putting them in. ie does the large flat new waher go in first against kw damper then top mount then 2 flat nuts???

cheers
                                Gruppe M
                                EBC redstuff Pads
                                Braided brake lines
                                Gun-metal alloys
                                Strong Strutt
                                KW Variant 3

Comment

Working...
                                X