Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indy View Post
    you can get an X3 SD! which has the 3.0 twin turbo diesel

the insides of them dont look very big though ?
    so might be better off sticking to a regular car than any kind of 4x4 (just heavier and more fuel, with not a lot more room)
    Surprise a few people on the school run! My wife wants an X3 next, got to be more room than in the 1 series, which with hindsight is too small for even 1 kid, pram and a weekly shop!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

X5 4.6is

Mmmmmm
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Best balance is probably a 525/530i?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          BMW X3 maybe?
          I've had my X3 for 4 years now and racked up 80k miles. We have an Alaskan malamute (105lbs) and she fits easily. I love this workhorse. The only thing to go wrong has been the sunroof mechanism, which was replaced under warranty. Not to good on the gas, about 24mog, although newer models much improved. It's well worth consideration.
          From Z3 MC to Z4 MC... glad to be back

Comment

Originally posted by dalecan View Post
            I've had my X3 for 4 years now and racked up 80k miles. We have an Alaskan malamute (105lbs) and she fits easily. I love this workhorse. The only thing to go wrong has been the sunroof mechanism, which was replaced under warranty. Not to good on the gas, about 24mog, although newer models much improved. It's well worth consideration.
            What age/engine X3 do you have?
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by dalecan View Post
              . We have an Alaskan malamute (105lbs) and she fits easily.
              that's not a dog its a horse ive seen one these there woppers
              [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Put's my West Highland Terrier to shame!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                  Best balance is probably a 525/530i?
                  That's what I'm thinking.

The wife's just bought the twin pram, you'd have thought someone would have designed one that actually folds down to a size that doesnt fill the entire boot (bottom right's the one we've bought):

So, what mileage is too high? I've always gone for the lowest mileage possible, but in reality I'm not sure that's the best plan. I know first hand that expensive parts (cough vanos) can die at relatively low mileage and that maintenance should no doubt be higher on my priority list!

I've seen a few 2007s that have great servicing records but are 75k+. I'm wondering if the mileage really matters that much on a 5 series?

Comment

..and thanks for all the advice, too!

Comment

Originally posted by wefail View Post
                      ..and thanks for all the advice, too!
                      You know you want the M5 Touring.

Comment

I do, but prams aren't cheap!

Comment

something like this appears to be good value: www.pistonheads.com/sales/4018537.htm

Click here to email me

Comment

Seems like a good price.

Just spotted this one earlier, too:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4001518.htm

Comment

im fussy and bit of a (badge? LOL!) snob when it comes to a non sport model, so wouldnt even give it a second look

quite fussy with things, and ideal spec would be

any of the diesel models (seem to prefer them to petrol)

sport
                              auto
                              sat nav
                              xenons
                              bluetooth

preferably not brown interior, and preferably not white exterior (cant do with the clean your everyday car, everyday, routine!)

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                                im fussy and bit of a (badge? LOL!) snob when it comes to a non sport model, so wouldnt even give it a second look

When we bought out 118D to carry our little lad around in we drove a Sport model - problem is I think the suspension is overly hard for what it is, its not a racing machine so I would opt for the comfort - you will regret it when its jiggling and crashing down the road and waking the twins up.....!!

Comment

Working...
                                X