Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its for sale again !

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1088959.htm

seriously would anyone actually pay more money for this than say a standard car, let alone the commedy price its up for ?

IMO its less desriable than a standard Z3M.
    Ex 2001 S54
    New cars:
    Lotus Carlton
    350Z

if it had the PROPER front end, i would like it more than i do.
    front end currently looks crap

hartge do mess up some real good looking cars

i like the idea of the engine, and the wheels look ok too

£51k? would build a S62/S85 for that much!

Click here to email me

Comment

Thing is its not even an M engine - its out of the 540i I think.
      Ex 2001 S54
      New cars:
      Lotus Carlton
      350Z

Comment

Why bother? If you're that way inclined, a decent LS* conversion can be had for very realistic money.

High 500's bhp (N/A) is very easily achieved for sensible money from the LS series motors.....Silly power can be had with forced induction.

If you're going to the trouble and doing a V8 conversion why piss around with BMW power which is hard and very expensive to extract more power from, let alone run in a conversion with aftermarket ECU / Loom.

Ask Driftworks with their V10 M5 powered E46 M3! How much money for how much power? Just to say that the motor shoehorned in is a Bavarian unit.....Nah you're alright thanks, I'll stick to American Muscle!

Comment

it's an ascari engine. not for the feint hearted. I'd rather get a v10 off a wrecked m5 though, tbpfh.

Comment

Originally posted by wifipirate View Post
            it's an ascari engine. not for the feint hearted.

"Hartge 5.0L engine 420ps and 520nm"......Hardly earth shattering. Like I said BMW motors hard to tune affordably.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
              Why bother? If you're that way inclined, a decent LS* conversion can be had for very realistic money.

High 500's bhp (N/A) is very easily achieved for sensible money from the LS series motors.....Silly power can be had with forced induction.

If you're going to the trouble and doing a V8 conversion why piss around with BMW power which is hard and very expensive to extract more power from, let alone run in a conversion with aftermarket ECU / Loom.

Ask Driftworks with their V10 M5 powered E46 M3! How much money for how much power? Just to say that the motor shoehorned in is a Bavarian unit.....Nah you're alright thanks, I'll stick to American Muscle!
              What V8 is it your running then FOK?

The price of the Hartge is a bit scary but if you were a collector of odd ball cars they dont get much more odd ball!
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                What V8 is it your running then FOK?

The price of the Hartge is a bit scary but if you were a collector of odd ball cars they dont get much more odd ball!
                Yep I agree, proper oddball........But very strong money!

Mines the 5.7 litre LS1 running a mild road tune for usabilty. It's not been on a dyno but the engine builder's last motor to this spec was 509bhp at the flywheel.....It's in my mate's FD3 RX7 and goes well.

I'd be surprised if mine is less than 400 at the wheels and I took a bone stock Monaro LS1 pullout and spent about £2500 tops on it.

Comment

Yep I agree, proper oddball........But very strong money!

Mines the 5.7 litre LS1 running a mild road tune for usabilty. It's not been on a dyno but the engine builder's last motor to this spec was 509bhp at the flywheel.....It's in my mate's FD3 RX7 and goes well.

I'd be surprised if mine is less than 400 at the wheels and I took a bone stock Monaro LS1 pullout and spent about £2500 tops on it.
                  Very nice indeed! I would love to see and hear it in real life. I have always wanted a V8 so popping one in a ZMC is a beautiful combination!

Do you have pictures of it on here?
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

you are lucky the community support picture police officer is online

here

Click here to email me

Comment

Very nice indeed! I would love to see and hear it in real life. I have always wanted a V8 so popping one in a ZMC is a beautiful combination!

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...=9295&page=176

I've always loved MC's and V8 cars so decided to combine the two.

A good friend runs a business doing LS* conversions into many an interesting donor car.

It's very popular in the US and getting more so here too.

Comment

Originally posted by indy View Post
                        you are lucky the community support picture police officer is online

here

Fantastic, worth every penny of my council tax!!!

Im surprised to see quite a bit of free space under the bonnet, expected it to almost be shoe-horned in to make it fit! Looks good, did you fit it yourself?

And as for the AP's, im sure there needed to reign it back in!

Comment

Im surprised to see quite a bit of free space under the bonnet, expected it to almost be shoe-horned in to make it fit! Looks good, did you fit it yourself?
                          LS* is much shorter and over 20kgs lighter than S50/54.

No, I didn't fit it, I shouldn't even own spanners!

Comment

LS* is much shorter and over 20kgs lighter than S50/54.

No, I didn't fit it, I shouldn't even own spanners!
                            Thats quite some difference and with the added benefit of moving it backwards. If you dont mind me asking, how much does such a conversion cost?

Comment

I am from the Netherlands. And as long as the owner has the car(2-3 years now I guess) it has been for sale on several websites.

Comment

Working...
                              X