No announcement yet.

cig lighter illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine does too 1999 S50 (produced Nov 98)

Comment

Comment

Yep, same as above, 2000 'face lift' and the fag lighter illuminates as does the transparent plastic ring surrounding it

(although mine is disappointingly not as orange as Dave's and I now have illuminated ring envy.....)

Comment

Thanks folks.

I think I have the orange ring (sounds a bit personal!) which should seemingly light up as above.

So where is the bulb?!

Ian
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

they list 3 different part numbers on realoem? maybe the non smoker cars dont have the cig lighter lit?, can you access the back of it from the side if you remove the leather boomerang?

Comment

Bloody hell....just checked old socket and no fixing for a light,was identical to the new one,guess i need to make further enquiries with the dealer,,,thx all

Comment

Originally posted by Wav View Post
                Mine does too 1999 S50 (produced Nov 98)
                November 1999 S50 and mine doesn't (not that I care, lol)
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

does anyone know the part number for the lighter surround on a S50 (the clear plastic part)?

Comment

Sorry Dave,just looked at receipts and i was only supplied with the actual metal socket and used my original clear ring///

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                      Sorry Dave,just looked at receipts and i was only supplied with the actual metal socket and used my original clear ring///
                      no worries - realoem/dealer parts system shows the part but no part number so have ordered two from other models and hopefully one will be the same.

Comment

picture showing back of lower console panel (s50) and lighter assembly

Comment

close up,

Comment

bought a new lighter assembly and swapped to a blank not a lighter

socket part number 61.34.6.973.036

blank (stopper) 51.16.8.222.183

the clear plastic surround wasn't available from the UK so had to order one from Germany and I will add the part number when I recieve it

Comment

I need to have another look at mine but it appears the lighter surround does have its own bulb which fits into the tube in the picture (similar to ashtray light) can anyone confirm this?
                              the panel fits both models s50/54

Last edited by Dave P; 16-09-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

thats interesting dave i didnt think of that tube being a bulb holder!!! will now pull the gator etc and have a look for bulb holder..after replacing the lower panel i must admit my patience was wearing a bit thin,looking at what you have done i know you know what i mean!! well done and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X