Indoor car cover wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guido View Post
    The perfect stretch indoor car-e-covers are lightweight, machine washable and breathable so retain no moisture.
    That's good. The covercraft one I have is for outdoors and indoors and again are supposed to be breathable but it proved to not be breathable enough. Perhaps there was not enough airflow to keep the cover 'breathing'.

My garage itself is dry so it was purely condensation that was causing the issue on cold days. With the cover off it does not seem to suffer from any.
    S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by inkey$ View Post
      Car-e-Cover arrived from Germany and is perfect.

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
        If it is only ever put on when the cover is clean it will be OK. If not the cover itself can hold dirt which will scratch when putting on and removing.

I have an expensive Covercraft WeatherShield HP cover which I do not use now as it was causing more issues than it was solving scratches being one of them. In my garage it seemed to hold condensation under it in winter which was my biggest concern.

I now just accept it gets a bit dusty instead!
        That's always been my thoughts on car covers, perhaps ok for short term use, perhaps to cover the car for a few days before a show or something to stop dusty, but long term I always felt it wasn't god for it.

Comment

I have used a soft indoor cover on my coupe for the last few years (up to last year due to buying a carcoon) and had no issues at all and the cover has been on for 6 months at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            I have used a soft indoor cover on my coupe for the last few years (up to last year due to buying a carcoon) and had no issues at all and the cover has been on for 6 months at a time.
            How do you find the Carcoon Dave? Is it the Veloce one you have? I have been thinking about getting one or possibly an Airflow Air Chamber. Be good to know your thoughts on it

Comment

How do you find the Carcoon Dave? Is it the Veloce one you have? I have been thinking about getting one or possibly an Airflow Air Chamber. Be good to know your thoughts on it

Due to the limited space in the garage where I store the coupe I had to go for the evolution version but I have only used it for one winter so cant comment on the long term benefits but the coupe came out looking the same as it went in and hopefully this will continue quality appears good and fairly easy to set up but not as easy as the drive in versions.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks Dave

Comment

I bought the veloce for another car and have been very impressed. I had an original carcoon before, but this makes it far easier to access the car.. the frame is a bit difficult to erect initially but once up, it's easy to put the car back in which I'll be doing again shortly.
                  S54 M Coupe
                  D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
                    http://www.car-e-cover.de/help/2-per...roesse-m-2.htm

Great quality and fair price, I have a few of these now and never had any problems with them.
                    Excellent recommendation Guido! My car-e-cover arrived today and it's lovely and soft and a nice snug fit! I'll be ordering a couple of bike ones from them too!

Also just to say, (as the eagle-eyed may spot the kidney grille poking beneath the other cover) the genuine Porsche 996 / 997 cover is also a really good fit for the M Coupe.
                    Last edited by PJ Westerby; 23-07-2018, 01:29 PM.
                    S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

It looks good, I’m thinking of buying one too.. is there an English version I’d this website as it all seems to be in German? Perhaps I’m missing something on the website, just unsure what I’m buying
                      Thanks
                      S54 M Coupe
                      D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Howiez View Post
                        It looks good, I’m thinking of buying one too.. is there an English version I’d this website as it all seems to be in German? Perhaps I’m missing something on the website, just unsure what I’m buying
                        Thanks
                        Here's the link to the perfect stretch indoor cover, size S:

http://www.car-e-cover.de/help/2-per...roesse-m-2.htm

Scroll down and choose your colour:
                        Silbergrau is Silver Grey
                        Rot is Red
                        Schwarz is Black

Click on "in den warenkorb" (add to basket)

The message "Der Artikel wurde dem Warenkorb hinzugefügt!" just says it's been added to your basket, so click "OK" (which means OK).

It'll look like nothing's happened so scroll to the top and on the right hand side you'll see some headers - click on "warenkorb".

Then you should recognise the Paypal logo so you can click on that and pay via Paypal or you can click on "zur kasse (rechnungskauf und vorkasse)" which will take you to card payments and you can put in your info there.

Hope this helps.

Aauf wiedersehen (pet)
                        S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

You’re a good man, thanks
                          Wanted to make sure I wasn’t buying a Lederhosen, or at the very least, one that didn’t fit!
                          Cheers
                          S54 M Coupe
                          D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Fancy indoor cover,

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                              Fancy indoor cover,

I really like that. A lot.
                              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

I did a group buy on the car e cover - good value for what it was at the time !

Comment

Working...
                                X