X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new listing silver S50 cat D

silver S50 on PistonHeads 98,000 £7995

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3284344.htm

Hmmm Id want some more details on that - Cat D with 'new engine and box' could well be a ringer.

I got stung years ago with a 1993 Astra GSI with the same story

Comment

I owned this car in 2005 for about 12 months, this was after the engine and gearbox had been repaired and about 50-60k miles if memory serves me right. The car was in excellent all round condition during my ownership. I put on a different exhaust supplied by a garage based in Cardiff, and had the wheels re-furbed.
      Sadly I remember seeing a message on this forum about it being cat-D'd and assumed I'd never see it again!
      I wouldn't be too worried about the engine / gearbox replacement though if that's any help, and there should be a fistful of genuine invoices to prove (I passed these on to the guy who bought from me).

Comment

Originally posted by SamEB View Post
        I owned this car in 2005 for about 12 months, this was after the engine and gearbox had been repaired and about 50-60k miles if memory serves me right. The car was in excellent all round condition during my ownership. I put on a different exhaust supplied by a garage based in Cardiff, and had the wheels re-furbed.
        Sadly I remember seeing a message on this forum about it being cat-D'd and assumed I'd never see it again!
        I wouldn't be too worried about the engine / gearbox replacement though if that's any help, and there should be a fistful of genuine invoices to prove (I passed these on to the guy who bought from me).

great info for any potential buyer

Comment

£7500 now

Click here to email me

Comment

i bought it a week ago !

the car in question is fine apart from the usual odds and ends as far as i can see , i managed to px a 1.9z3 that was on pistonheads i needed rid of , it does feel slow compared to my previous audi s4 but i stand to be corrected in august at the ring , its like learning to drive again compared to 4wd and 2 turbos !

Comment

Originally posted by paulwirral View Post
              the car in question is fine apart from the usual odds and ends as far as i can see , i managed to px a 1.9z3 that was on pistonheads i needed rid of , it does feel slow compared to my previous audi s4 but i stand to be corrected in august at the ring , its like learning to drive again compared to 4wd and 2 turbos !
              nice one

Comment

Working...
              X