Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPC Amersham

Hi guys,

I work in the motor industry and aim to a high standard and consequently often get disappointed with others within the trade.

The M Coupe I have recently bought is going to be kept, ( I can't bare to part with one again ) so I am getting everything just right..full write to come once Evolve complete a few bits this week.

Before a visit to Luton I wanted to ensure the shell bearings where up to the job, my mileage is 108,000 so I thought out of precaution to ensure the engine is right.

CPC have just replaced some bits on 135i I had and all was good. An informed chat to Phil the owner reassured me so I booked in for the shell bearings to be replaced and ARP Bolts installed. A valve clearance was carried out at the same time.

So after 108k there was a little movement, but to my unnecessary worry they where in a decent condition, the valves where also within tolerance. I have no previous invoices of the engine apart or being looked at before so I would presume all original parts. My car has a full BMW SH, it feels strong and representative of a car with say 30k miles on.

CPC work on M cars regularly and really do know their stuff. The hourly rate is reasonable and their location - Amersham, Bucks in well located if you are clsoe to the M25 boarder.

Thumbs up from me!

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Phil has just serviced our car and checked it over we used him on our last car too so we highly recommend him too....

Comment

CPC BMW Independent

CPC did some work on my Z3M some years ago, when they were at Chorley Wood. Replaced my vanos. I thought they were very good and I can also recommend them.

Comment

Great service.... As always

Thought I would post that my husband took our MC back to Phil at CPC to check a faulty low level oil warning light. Phil had serviced our car last year and carried out the mod to the bottom end. He checked the car over sorted the problem and would not take a penny. Top man. Knew exactly what it was and sorted it whilst I waited.
        We'll be back soon for the annual service at the end of the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by hayley View Post
          Thought I would post that my husband took our MC back to Phil at CPC to check a faulty low level oil warning light. Phil had serviced our car last year and carried out the mod to the bottom end. He checked the car over sorted the problem and would not take a penny. Top man. Knew exactly what it was and sorted it whilst I waited.
          We'll be back soon for the annual service at the end of the summer.
          That is interesting as mine is doing the same, but the engine is not low on oil. What was the issue Haley? I

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Low level warning light stays on

Our low level lamp and oil temperature gauge stopped working after the oil was drained and sump dropped. Allowing shells and con rod bolts being replaced. We were nervous of the shells slipping as our car is a low mileage s54 that has been stored for several years.
            When we collected the car the low level warning light stayed on for around thirty seconds before going off and oil temperature gauge did not work.
            Phil said that he had seen this before and thought they would begin to work after a few hours running.
            This did not happen so we popped the car back to him.
            He changed the low level sensor, which meant dropping the sump again I believe.
            My husband went to collect the car again and double checked the problem again before driving off. He had been Told the lamp went out quickly. To his dismay the lamp stated on for 15 seconds - he timed it!
            Phil ran diagnostics and noted a fault.
            He put
            It back on the ramps and in minutes found a snagged wire which had shorted out. Quick repair and now all is working. Phil thought the wire had snagged when the technician replaced the sump. Annoying but all resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X