No announcement yet.

1999 V Reg Estoril Blue CAT D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had it been a Cat C then you might be right with your cheeky bid but as its D and has a FBMW sh on average miles (not high as you suggest), then 7ish if its really good nick and has photos of before / after repair.

For someone looking to keep it for many years this might be a good buy.

Good luck selling

Comment

I do agree on some levels that Cat D damage can be minor and if the repair is too costly, then the insurance company will write it off.

In terms of MC's, we are talking about the average miles being a lot less than normal cars.

There are still very few MC's for sale with near 100k miles, that is all I am pointing out!

Rgds

Rags

Comment

Trade are offering about 5-6k for good higher mileage examples as thats all it would be worth at auction.
        Sadly, in the current market, I would have agreed with Rags first value of about 5k give or take.
        Seeing as the seller is in the trade then I'm sure he knows this and that he would get less offering it elsewhere.

Comment

5 k that would be nice. Has anyone ever ever seen a Z m Coupe for 5 k? If you can get me a few more at that price just let me know ill have as many as you can find. Maybe i should have just done what most people do and not mention the cat d. The car is cleaner than the silver one i had which took me some time to find. Probably best leaving it in the garage with the cover over it

Comment

Have bought "cat d" cars before and they are a nightmare... I'd take the 5k and run, it's a good offer.

Comment

Got it in the advertised at £9 ish i think if i put it in at £7995 i am confident i could sell it reasonably quickly maybe with a p/x it would be the cheapest in the country. It is still a mint Z m coupe in one of the most desirable colours. Still a very desirable sports car for no money i am sure you will all agree.

Comment

Seriously though, stick in pistonheads for £7995 and go from there.

You are correct, it is a lot of car for the money! As long as its been fixed correctly with some documented evidence I guess it may be easier to shift?

Good luck

Comment

It's a shame, a bit of a bump could quite easily happen to any of us.

I guess if your buying an MC for the long term then it's only you that knows it's on a register. Fantastic car for a bargain price that might otherwise be out of someones league/budget.

Comment

Hi
                    I think you may find some people wont might if its abit cheaper then the rest
                    I bought mine as salvage and having done 90% the work myself and the rest at a well trusted garage I know my car drives true and is in perfect condition. Every part i bought was genuine.
                    In the past I've seen cars that are hpi clear but were still bent where the owner didnt or couldnt go through insurance and got it fixed at a crappy back street garage
                    Personaly if the car is well checked and is cheaper then the rest I would mind so much and especially as these cars are getting so rare

I would try the autotrader and pistonheads and like you have put cat d on the advert as i think you may need to tell the buyer by law,but I know alot of owners dont tell future buyers

Just what I think
                    Titan Silver 1999 M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by gorgeee View Post
                      I would try the autotrader and pistonheads and like you have put cat d on the advert as i think you may need to tell the buyer by law,but I know alot of owners dont tell future buyers
                      Actually, that isn't the case - but it should be. Especially when if you want to check it out yourself you need to pay for the information which should, by rights, be publicly available - like the MOT checking website C_W posted not so long ago.

Admitting the car has been damaged will immediately put many people off, which is ridiculous in my opinion - especially if the car is now in excellent condition. Those people have every right not to consider buying such a car, but shouldn't make sweeping statements since most enthusiasts with a little bit of initiative/common sense can look at a car and the documentation and see what condition it is truly in. I've had a couple of cat D's. Checked them out myself first and had no problems whatsoever with either - absolute bargains. You don't need to paint "cat D" down the side of it or anything you know!!

Regarding price - always hard to say with an MC but my feeling would be that if were priced only 2-3k below normal asking price that would be enough to get someone in it. 6-7k would be 30% off standard which is the rule of thumb for a good cat D. But it's very competitive at the moment - lots about. There was a cat D MC advertised when I bought my MC. If I remember correctly it was 100k miles, no documentation and went for ~7k at the end of last year - but it had been on the market for a LONG time.

Comment

To be honest i think i am going to keep it. Be a shame to sell it i would never replace the car for what i have in it and i am more than happy with it. Ill never use it but it looks good in the garage. Quite fancy the V3RY M plate. Thanks for all your comments

Comment

My offer still stands!

Comment

The damage and the CAT rating is all relative though. Remember a CAT D in 2008/2009 = a lot less damage than a non-recorded accident earlier in the car's life i.e. the extent of this car's damage is known; light panel damage, but enough at current prices to "write it off" which unfortunately then puts it on the register. However many of us could be potentially driving accident-repaired cars that were much more heavily damaged earlier in the car's life when they were much higher value (= not written off) so not registered as a CAT.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              The damage and the CAT rating is all relative though. Remember a CAT D in 2008/2009 = a lot less damage than a non-recorded accident earlier in the car's life i.e. the extent of this car's damage is known; light panel damage, but enough at current prices to "write it off" which unfortunately then puts it on the register. However many of us could be potentially driving accident-repaired cars that were much more heavily damaged earlier in the car's life when they were much higher value (= not written off) so not registered as a CAT.
                              Very good point.

Comment

Is this still for sale?

Comment

Working...
                                X