Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonu_anand
    Naa, just a certain Nurburgring trainer
    Well its nice to know there's some talent on here. As for me well me well hey...karting, Formula Ford, Formula Vauxhall, Lotus, BTCC etc etc blimey i feel old...but hey least i'm not an office boy....not just yet eh?

Mind you with the state of motorsport in this country...getting a "paid" deal is getting very tough....maybe i'll go back to working at Bedford Autodrome....mmm maybe not

Comment

Interesting.. when were you racing in BTCC?
      Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

BTCC 2002......great year....great championship....massively political but great al the same..

Comment

So I must have seen you at Brands then...

Wasn't that the first year of the new rules? Astra domination all the way...
          Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

yeah Astra all the way....Brands....mmm think I ended up in the gravel trap at druids in the feature race :evil:

Comment

What's your name and what car where you driving?

Comment

Blimey dont beat around the bush do you?? :roll:

Comment

You know what they say, put-up or shut-up, come on one of the weekends that are arranged and you will see driving of exceptional standards on some of the best roads this country has to offer, now there's a challenge for you.

Steve.

PS. Look in the gallery, the latest pic. of the welsh weekend, that is us after driving possibly the best road out there, and the guy we are refering to is in that picture, nuff said.
                  2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
                    You know what they say, put-up or shut-up, come on one of the weekends that are arranged and you will see driving of exceptional standards on some of the best roads this country has to offer, now there's a challenge for you.

Steve.

PS. Look in the gallery, the latest pic. of the welsh weekend, that is us after driving possibly the best road out there, and the guy we are refering to is in that picture, nuff said.
                    Blah blah blah...not being harsh or unfair but its funny how everyone thinks they can have a go...even though you've devoted 18 years of your 26 year life to it!!! Its because its driving and most can do it to varying standards.

Not being arrogant thats just the way it is, i appreciate that there may be many of you that can drive....it just gets my wick when some of the slightly older ones start saying "I've been driving for years - I can teach the youths a few things"....if it werent for that comment - i wouldnt have mentioned anything ref Racing because it always brings about ridiculous conversations like these.

I'd be happy to join you guys on a little day trip. Come to think of it...why don't you join me. We're off to the ring on Saturday. Now I've raced on the new circuit a couple of times, but only driven round the old circuit in a Galaxy Hire Car so i'm looking forward to having a go in the M Coupe...despite the long straights I get the feeling the brakes won't last too long :? :wink:

Comment

is that the BMW day? John (ZZZEMMCO - writes with lots of punctuation ) is always on about that - I think he's the one they're on about - has done plenty at the Ring and helps out on the BMW days I think.

I shouldn't worry to much about the welcome you're getting. Everyone seems to get it

I know a guy who had been racing for years, Mini 7s and Miglias - watched him not long after I left Uni racing at Brands, 2 years ago I found he was racing in Clio Cup and this year he's graduated to BTCC. He must be 34 I think, been doing it for years - takes a lot of dedication to race in motorsport, not to mention a lot of sponsors..
                      Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

Slider,

Please don't take exception to what has been written. If you've been a professional racing driver, then by definition you MUST be at the upper end of the skill level and NONE of us will argue with that. However, it's wrong for the yoof to dismiss ALL drivers above a certain age, as being a bit "past it" as you seem to have done by limiting your poll to maximum age of 50. The majority of drivers of all ages are crap and even guys of your skill level grow older (if they can keep on the tarmac for long enough).

I'm actuallly 53 and the guy we're referring to is a grandfather and older than me. If you're lucky enough to live to beyond 50 then you'll soon realise that we oldies remain as boys at heart even if we no longer retain our former good looks and lithe bodies. :cry: The best 2 drivers that I've driven with on this forum (and I've probably driven with more than most others on this forum) are both aged over 45 and they are well above the standard of the younger guys. Experience MUST count for something: the fact that we've managed to stay alive for this long despite driving the way that we do, surely says something about our car control.

I'd be delighted if you'd come to one of our "away days" and meet up with the MC owners that participate on these events, I'm sure that we could all learn from you and I think you'd be well impressed by the skill of certain "amateurs".
                        /// Exdos ///
                        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Sure guys I would be more than happy to join you...look forward to seeing other M Coupes! Especially the modified ones - Exdos - i have now done your mod - i'm not convinced on the performance gains but it seems to keep it cooler when driven very hard for a sustained period.

Nuff of the the egotistical crap i promise

Comment

19! got my estoril blue z3m roadster 2 weeks ago! floored it in 1st gear, as i clicked 2nd the rear slip differential went and a big block grinded along the road. Aparentlly its only a mount. Now in the garage, should get it bak today!
                            mo'fo

Comment

Originally posted by admanthebadman
                              19! got my estoril blue z3m roadster 2 weeks ago! floored it in 1st gear, as i clicked 2nd the rear slip differential went and a big block grinded along the road. Aparentlly its only a mount. Now in the garage, should get it bak today!
                              Sorry to hear about the roadster.

Is it covered under warranty?

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X