Gumball Rally / London Midnight Tunnel Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumball Rally / London Midnight Tunnel Run

Went down to London at the weekend for these 2 events.

First chasing Ferraris and Aston Martins (amongst others) through tunnels with their exhausts barking off the walls - the Astons in particular made an awesome noise :twisted: . It went on until 5am on Sunday morning, which was a bit knackering! Maahny and Coupe Girl were there too so we had a good MC presence. 8)

Then we went to see the start of the Gumball Rally in Pall Mall. Got there as they were pulling onto "the grid", spent a few hours checking out the cars before they drove off, one by one revving and tyre smoking for the crowds. This time it was one of the Murcielagos with, I think, a Tubi exhaust which was the most sonorous - beautiful! :shock:

A few pics here - http://www.z3mcoupe.com/photopost/sh...ry.php?cat=533 Nowhere close to Maahny's standard - some practice required! ops:

Re: Gumball Rally / London Midnight Tunnel Run

Ben

Good to good to meet you on the Tunnel Run, glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps see you on the next one?

Julian
    Ex - S50 Estoril
    Current - TVR T350C

Comment

5 MC's in total. Was a great night out. Didn't get home until 6:30 am otherwise would have joined in checking out the Gumballers. Pity I couldn't find my tripod and couldn't take any decent pictures. My camera for taking video also ran out fo juice very quickly.

Sorry I couldn't entertain your request Julian I was so tired I didn't have the required level of concentration!

Comment

Originally posted by maahny
        5 MC's in total. Was a great night out. Didn't get home until 6:30 am otherwise would have joined in checking out the Gumballers. Pity I couldn't find my tripod and couldn't take any decent pictures. My camera for taking video also ran out fo juice very quickly.

Sorry I couldn't entertain your request Julian I was so tired I didn't have the required level of concentration!
        Maybe you can do sonme OO next time. Did you actually make it through many tunnels? Lots of people I spoke to didn't!
        Ex - S50 Estoril
        Current - TVR T350C

Comment

Yeah I made it through most of them. Even went through Tooley Street a couple of times and that wasn't even on the route.

Comment

Re: Gumball Rally / London Midnight Tunnel Run

Originally posted by M333 JDC
            Ben

Good to good to meet you on the Tunnel Run, glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps see you on the next one?

Julian
            Likewise Julian - am trying to get access to the restricted area but no luck so far so can't see when future events are etc! :cry:

If not, maybe come out to the Cotswolds/Wales for a future meet? (there aren't any tunnels but rather less restrictive traffic/speed conditions and some awesome roads!) :P

Comment

Hello BenH, maahny and M333 JDC :wink:

It was good to meet you all on the Tunnel Run, Saturday night and nice to see a few more Coupes this time. :)

Got to Clacketts Lane and couldn't see any others... thought I was the only one :cry:... then one by one you all started arriving... it really made my night!! :wink:

The sound of 200 cars all blasting their horns and revving up down under Westferry Circus at 2 oclock in the morning was just something else, wasn't it? AWESOME!! :twisted:

Like your pictures BenH, especially the one with my black Coupe in 8)

Got me name down for the next one already... hope to see you all there again... and maybe even a few more?

Mandy

Comment

Shame we missed this but have been in south of france for a week.

the Gallardo pictured with the camo all over it is a friends who I raced to and from le man last year, he has a Tubi and the sound is unbelievable! :shock:
                Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
                New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Working...
                X