Supension - what would you fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supension - what would you fit?

Just had my Mot and received some advisories on my suspension - nothing too dangerous, but I want to replace ASAP just to make me feel better!!!

Any thoughts on what you would fit to your Z3M Coupe for; £1000.00 to £1,500.00???

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts?

Originally posted by peenee View Post
    Just had my Mot and received some advisories on my suspension - nothing too dangerous, but I want to replace ASAP just to make me feel better!!!

Any thoughts on what you would fit to your Z3M Coupe for; £1000.00 to £1,500.00???

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts?
    KW V3 Coilovers are probably the best choice and fully adjustable, but come in at around £1600

Another common choice are bilstein shocks paired with H&R Springs.

Loads if info on these if you use the search function

Comment

KW V3's are what I have in mind and I've found a company selling at a good price - yes I'll probably go for these.....

However, what do people think of; H&R Coilover Suspension Kits???

Comment

I think if you're going to be spending that sort of money it has to be KW V3 as with others you would just get less for your money, as in not as adjustable or well made.
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I have gone with bilstein/H&R combination. I felt both handling and quality of ride is superior to oem, without going extreme aftermarket. Car sits a touch lower, but can't tell it's not factory unless side by side.

My goal was to keep it as close to stock as possible, except in cases where I felt there would be an improvement without drawbacks... I thought Bilstein/H&R offered this.

Now if you are aiming to set it up for the track, perhaps it's worth going for something adjustable.

Comment

an kw clubsport is more streetable of blistein+eibach..
            go to kw very good product
            www.fastdrive.org
            S50 black/black-red In Rome
            Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Wishbones ?

Thanks for all the feedback.

As I'm replacing the suspension I might as well complete the job and also replace the wishbones. I've searched the site and found various wishbone comments/posts, but does anyone out there have any recommendations?

From what I can find;

- BMW original wishbones are £200.00 (plus Vat???) per side
              - I can buy a pair from Schmiedmann and have them delivered for; £327.00
              - I can buy Lemforder wishbones from ECP for £77.00 per side

Does anyone have any advice on what the best options are?

I only want to do this once?

Comment

Originally posted by peenee View Post
                Thanks for all the feedback.

As I'm replacing the suspension I might as well complete the job and also replace the wishbones. I've searched the site and found various wishbone comments/posts, but does anyone out there have any recommendations?

From what I can find;

- BMW original wishbones are £200.00 (plus Vat???) per side
                - I can buy a pair from Schmiedmann and have them delivered for; £327.00
                - I can buy Lemforder wishbones from ECP for £77.00 per side

Does anyone have any advice on what the best options are?

I only want to do this once?

Dealer wishbones if it was me, I saw a coupe recently that had nearly every part under the floor replaced and the wishbones were bought from the local dealer as only slightly more than motor factors (who often list the non M wishbones by mistake)

I thought they were about £350 a pair from BMW with a bit of discount?

Comment

Price for new OEM wishbone is £174.27 plus vat or £188.22 including 10% and vat (£376.44 for the pair)

Comment

Thanks for confirming the costs, unless anyone else has any alternative suggestions, I'll go for the OEM parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X