Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member - searching for a long lost friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - searching for a long lost friend.

Hi all new member here,
    Whilst I'm not a current owner (hopeful that will change one day) I was once the proud owner of FM51 MUB which I purchased from Sytners Nottingham on the 6/02/2002 having waited almost a year from order.
    I made the fateful mistake a couple of years later swapping it for a Alpina Roadster S and whilst still a good motor it wasn't long before I realised I'd made a mistake, the car is Steel grey with red/black interior and whilst I'm slightly biased I still believe it to be the best colour combination.
    I'm wondering if any of you own this car as it has been discussed on these forums previously and although I've owned some decent motors over the years Cosworth's/Skyline etc this will always be the one that got away and would love to see how it's getting along.

Many thanks

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Was once owned by forum member KnightsG I think

Comment

I've just checked the MOT history, it's still on the road with the same registration number. Only done 50,000 last September.

Comment

And I did 24k in its first two years!!

Comment

I believe one can, unbelievably, pay the dvla a small fee to send you the owners address.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
              I believe one can, unbelievably, pay the dvla a small fee to send you the owners address.
              Surely that can't be true?!
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Not to my knowledge

Manufactures can ask DVLA for registered keepers details if it's for a safety recall, I also believe dealers can pay DVLA to obtain owners of certain cars but all DVLA will release is a rough post code area, certainly not exact addresses & no names.

Comment

I owned 'MUB from 24k to 29k miles. Like yourself I regret that sale.

The impression from the buyer along with him commenting that he had no intention to sell I feel this won't be in the classifieds anytime soon. However, given your connection I bet if the time came to pass it on if he had your details on file the likely option of first refusal should be on the cards.

Re the DVLA. I was lead to believe a small fee and a valid reason for requesting the current keepers address from the V5C was achievable, but, alot has changed at the DVLA in the past few years so this could now be abolished.

...Only one way to find out.

Good Luck

Russ
                  Last edited by KnightsG; 11-07-2016, 08:08 AM.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Some details here,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3022

Comment

Working...
                    X