Full leather restore black & imola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full leather restore black & imola

Just thought I'd share some pics of the work I had done on my leather recently.....

Comment

Looks a top job Can you share details of who and how much?
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

It's a portuguese guy called Antonio who is local to me in South Wales. I can't find his business card at the moment to pass his details on I'll find it and post it when I can

After reading what another forum member paid to have a bolster restored I feel bad (and happy ) to have paid £250 for the work would highly recommend his work ....

Comment

Comment

This was the drivers bolster before work was commenced....

Comment

looks great !

Comment

Looks a lot better

Comment

Looks like a nice job!

I presume he essentially rubbed down the leather and repainted it /scuff master/ reconnolised it.

Looks like a new interior!

Comment

Yes pretty much mate, very time consuming laborious task.... As everything has to masked off twice to do all the blacks / reds seperately.
                    He had some sort of colour analysing machine that he sampled the original red, which, when linked to his laptop, gave him the exact colour mix for the colours.
                    Any cracks or creases were filled/sanded & painted numerous times to reach the desired finish....

Comment

Do keep us updated on how it wears!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                        Do keep us updated on how it wears!
                        Yes I'm interested to see the longevity of this as I can't really see how something as soft and subtle as leather can maintain its form and stop the filler and paint from cracking.
                        Estoril S50 (nicely pimped) and a few other M toys.

Comment

Ditto on interest on how this turns out after a few more months of use. Mine could do with a refurb.

Comment

Thanks to those who left compliments - I'm surprised at the amount of doubt and speculation to the longevity of this?!?!? I'm sure the guy would be out of business if it was to all fall to bits after no time at all.... He's been doing the job all his life & delivered top quality results.... That coupled with the fact that the car will rarely be used, as its not my daily car, I'm not worried in the slightest that this will look equally as good in a few years time with regular cleaning, conditioning and maintenance.

Comment

Looks great, I would be interested if you could find his details

Comment

Working...
                              X