10mm Eibach Hubcentric wheelspacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10mm Eibach Hubcentric wheelspacers

Thinking of buying some of these but trying to work out how they can be hubcentric as the hub spigot on my car appears to be at least 10mm protuding from the hub face? So that would mean you'd need a spacer thicker than this to allow for the spigot to be extended. Do these spacers sit up against the hub ok? (I can't find any other manufacturer that seems to sell 10mm hubcentrics, only 15mm upwards)

They are fine, and fit like a glove.

Steve.
    2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Mine are the Eibach 10mm ones and like Steve says, the fit like gloves. I dont think the hub spigot on your OEM hubs is quite 10mm long.
      /// Exdos ///
      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Thanks for that, it must be an optical illusion!!

Comment

Strange one this; I've come to fit them tonight and as I feared they don't quite fit up to the hub face square/flat; the spigot sticks out too far and won't allow the spacer to fit against the hub. :-? It's only a minute amount though and I'd guess it might not be noticeable if you fitted them without checking (you can rock it slighty on the spigot). The wheels might even bolt up ok with this tiny gap but the wheel and spacer might not be perfectly square on the hub.

What I've found is that if I removed the centre hub nut caps then the spacers fitted fine - it just needed that 0.5mm or so that the cap edge/lip gave. This is on the fronts (not looked at/tried the rears yet).

Be interesting to hear from those who have standard brake discs (as the centre of the brake disc width will alter the spigot length) whenever you're taking a wheel off just to check this.

Comment

Now even stranger is that it's exactly the same for the rear; the spacer does not sit flat against the hubface as the spigot is just that tiny bit too long and again I can "rock" it slightly on the spigot. They've made clever use of the taper with very very tight tolerances to allow a 10mm hubcentric spacer to be fitted (the spigot actually protudes about 13mm from the hub face).

The only problem with the rear is that, unlike the front, it doesn't have a dust cap to remove to reduce the spigot protrusion, so I've fitted some 3mm universal spacers in between the hub and the spacer and this has solved the problem (the Eibach spacer still sits on the remainder of the spigot so retains hubcentricity).

Again, I would say if you just removed the wheel put the spacer on and bolted up you may not notice this so I'd strongly suggest any running these 10mm hubcentric wheelspacers to check this as it will put abnormal pressure on the centre spigot and not tighten against the hub face properly (the friction between the wheel and hubface takes a large amount of the force, not just the spigot itself). Or is it just my car that is unique to this!!?

Comment

Are standard wheels supposed to come with Spigot rings? Or should I say, supposed to be fitted with....

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
                Are standard wheels supposed to come with Spigot rings? Or should I say, supposed to be fitted with....
                No spigot rings on standard rims, the eibach spacers fit perfectly in terms of spigot size/centre bore, just that the spigot protudes too much on mine from the hub face to allow the main body of the spacer to sit properly against the hub face.

Comment

Sorry, just reread your posts and there is no mention of the word ring.

lol

Comment

Working...
                  X