X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowvdub View Post
    Another vote for 10mm all around.

This is exactly the stance I want on mine
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
      Urm, I'm kind of nervous about raising the subject of 'orange rings' again (sorry Spooks) but having finally got the 10mm spacers that my MC was missing for the rear ACS Type III rims today, I've just fitted them to discover that my MC actually had the orange rings on the hubs (hadn't looked until today). So maybe they are fitted if spacers aren't used with the Type IIIs?

Anyway, they needed removing in order to fit the ACS spacers. Damn the rears look so much better now

The orange rings in question:

incaseyou didn't get an answer, you need to leave those rings fitted inside the wheel or on the outward facing side of the spacer, they are reducer spigot rings as it's likely your rear ACS wheels are (74.1mm) centre bore (to fit E39 5 series) they are added to reduce the centre bore to MC size (72.6mm)

If you don't have them fitted, the wheels will not sit perfectly central / flat on the mating hub surface and you may get wheel wobble.

You can use them with spacers! As they sit perfectly inside the bore of the wheel. They're simply just an aid to help the wheels align correctly with the hub.

Click here to email me

Comment

Ac schnitzer genuine type 3 or type 3 racing alloys have an 82mm centre bore ,in fact i think all genuine schnitzer wheels are 82mm altho i could be wrong the orange spigot rings are used if you dont want to run spacers generally more used for non m cars, genuine schnitzer spacers reduce the bore from 82mm to 72.6 mm for running on a z3.

i run a 20 mm rear spacers on my 19 inch type 3 racing alloys with a 7mm front spacer so no need for the orange spigot rings. reduces offsets to et36 fronts and et 1.5 rears

you get 2 different sizes of schnitzer spacers 1 does z3,z4,3series etc reduces from 82-72.6 then there is a different schnitzer spacers for 5 series 82mm - 74.1 basically so you can interchange the wheels and change the spacers or spigot rings think green spigot rings are 5 series everything else is orange

hopefully helps cheers
        Last edited by thebandit69man; 07-04-2013, 11:21 PM.
        Black M Coupe/Black Red
        &Impreza RB5 WR Sport
        &Bmw X5

Comment

10mm spacers seems the prefered option by those in the know - does fitting spacers have any impact on tracking?

Can't really see how it would, but?
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

This may seem like a daft question but I'll ask anyway ,after looking at the h&r spacers I see they sell as extra tracking width as 10 so are we talking kit 20 ( I think we are) or kit 10 being 5 each side.rather be sure than getting wrong sets sent. For those who laughing right now I'm glad to have been of service

Comment

Originally posted by Das930 View Post
              This may seem like a daft question but I'll ask anyway ,after looking at the h&r spacers I see they sell as extra tracking width as 10 so are we talking kit 20 ( I think we are) or kit 10 being 5 each side.rather be sure than getting wrong sets sent. For those who laughing right now I'm glad to have been of service
              With H&R a 20mm kit is 10mm each side
              Last edited by Spooks; 09-06-2013, 08:08 PM.
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Anybody used bemecc hubsentric spacer found set of 4 12mm with longer bolts and locking nuts for 125 sounds good price. They do 10mm as well but thought I would get some feedback before I make enquiry

Comment

ive just put 12mm eibach on mine , looks ok to me , i bought them from tweeks mainly because they are 30 mins away , £175 including the bolts . Ive no idea how to post pics before you ask , when i read the instructions how to i got bored after 5 seconds !

Comment

give this dude a go, one of the most friendliest and easiest guys to deal with ever!
                    excellent service

cmwheels@live.co.uk

Originally posted by cricmcn
                    Hi Guys,

Have struck up a deal with Bimecc UK to get the best possible prices on Hubcentric Spacer Kits.

These are available for all makes and models.

All Bimecc Spacers are TUV Approved and made from Light Weight Aluminium.

Below are the deals available for BMW;

Deals and Prices Available;

2 x 12mm Hubcentric Spacers with extended bolts - £68.00 Delivered Within 3 Working Days. (£6 Extra For 2x Locking Bolts)

2 x 15mm Hubcentric Spacers with extended bolts - £68.00 Delivered Within 3 Working Days. (£6 Extra For 2x Locking Bolts)

Package Available;

Package includes;
                    • 4 x Bimecc Hubcentric Spacers (12 or 15mm)
                    • 16 x Extended Wheel Bolts
                    • 4 x Locking Bolts
                    • Next Day Delivery
                    Price is £125 Delivered Within 3 Working Days.

5mm and 10mm also available in flat type spacers.

Click here to email me

Comment

CMWheels are now only doing 12mm spacers for our cars, but it's a good deal at £125 for both fronts and rears with bolts and lockers.

Will 12mm be OK all around? I'm running standard wheels and H&R springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                        CMWheels are now only doing 12mm spacers for our cars, but it's a good deal at £125 for both fronts and rears with bolts and lockers.

Should be good

Comment

Cheers Dave.

Comment

i have eibach 25mm on each wheel i got them from the lads at bullet.they had to go on due to fitting ap 6 pots.they do protrude past the arches a bit but didnt have any choice other than changing the 18 alloys.i also had to raise the ride height 15 mm all round with spacers on the top mounts (has 30mm lower springs) i will have some photoes soon as its painted properly.as mensioned earlier they curb easilly.

Comment

Orange spigot rings are only used when you don't run a hubcentric adaptor. The standard 7mm adaptors that come with TypeII/III wheels are part number 361399210, retail price £49.92 each including VAT. These have a shiny passivated finish, a clip ring and silver finished M12 x 33mm x 1.5mm bolts.

There are no other adaptors listed by AC Schnitzer for Type II/III wheels but the adaptors from wheels Type IV onwards will fit. However, these adaptors have a bead-blasted finish, no clip ring and chrome bolts so look rather different, but you could replace the silver bolts in the 7mm adaptors with chrome ones easily enough so that these all match. The 20mm version of this adaptor is part number 361341140 and comes with M12 x 45 x 1.5mm bolts. These adaptors are £31.26 each inc VAT.

Pics attached so you can see the difference. We have a couple of pairs of each in stock.

Chrome bolts M12 x 33 x 1.5mm are part number 36311060 £3.16 each. A set of locking wheel bolts to fit 7mm front 20mm rear is part 36131057 £65.34.

We have other thickness adaptors in stock so let me know what you need. Phone is best as I don't get on here often ;)

01485 542000
                              Attached Files
                              www.ac-schnitzer.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post

Ordered these on Sunday and they arrived today (Tuesday)
                                2001 S54

Comment

Working...
                                X