Window Reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Reset?

I've got a couple of issues with my windows.

The passenger side has intermittently not worked for a while now.

I bought and installed a replacement ZKE (body control) module this aftenoon in case that was the issue.

Still no joy, however I noticed this evening that now my drivers window won't drop when opening the door. Is there a reset procedure for the door to 'learn' to drop or do I need to swap the old module back?

Cheers
    Tom

I have been told you need to reset them after a dead battery,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15062

Comment

I've tried quite a few permutations of opening and closing the windows all the way (and holding down the buttons) with no joy so far, I wondered if perhaps there was an odd procedure I was missing.

Comment

Random question, has your battery gone dead lately?
        I think this sometimes causes an issue and puts them into a default mode (did in my E46 M3!)

Click here to email me

Comment

Its not had the battery off (or dead) for many, many months.

I did take out the ZKE module which may have the same effect however.

Comment

Had a similar problem of late with my drivers window, firstly intermittent dropping when opening and when it didn't drop it couldn't be lowered with the switch either. Now its given up all together so was thinking its the window motor that's gone as the relays are clicking as they should - same problem maybe?

Disconnecting the battery, leaving a while and reconnecting didn't work either (the procedure did reset the passenger door so it does work)
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

old thread with some more info,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13121

Comment

It sounds like all the other problems the window has been moving, with mine the window is not moving at all whether on opening the door or pressing the switch. I assume this would be the motor giving up life?
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                  It sounds like all the other problems the window has been moving, with mine the window is not moving at all whether on opening the door or pressing the switch. I assume this would be the motor giving up life?
                  sounds like the motor or regulator

Comment

Swapped the original ZKE module back and the drivers door is back to working order.

I'm just left with the same problem as spooks on the passenger window still.

Comment

what is the difference between the motor and regulator is?

Has anyone changed either?

Comment

Is the regulator Item 1:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...43&hg=51&fg=10

Comment

Working...
                        X