Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got one...at last

Hi all,

Thought i'd better say hi. I've been a forum member since around Feb of this year and after months of intense hunting I finally got myself a MCoupe.

Its an early S50 in Estoril with just over 100k miles. The one that was for sale at eporsche about a month ago. I was hunting a Imola but they just weren't coming up for same. Now I have an Estoril...i wouldn't go back....its gorgeous!

Its in pretty good nick for the mileage but needs TLC in a few areas and will look forward to bringing it up a few notches. Drives great but am finding my feet with how they handle...lots of fun learning!

I'm based in Cardiff. Would be great to hear of any forum members that are in the area.

Not sure how to post pics, but will stick a few up once i know.

This is a great forum and besides helping me learn and find me my car, its clear theres a great community on here. I look forward to contributing.

Duncan

Duncan...welcome to our Forum and congrats on your purchase

Comment

Welcome!
      2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Good stuff!

Just be careful with just how much it'll roll with 100k on the clock, unless it's been modified
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
          Good stuff!

Just be careful with just how much it'll roll with 100k on the clock, unless it's been modified
          No, its all standard as far as i know. Its definately 'softer' at times than I was expecting, but the last couple of weeks has been my first opportunity to test the handling...more thoroughly, you could say!

Yes, a bit of lateral roll when changing lanes at higher speeds.

I'm not in any rush, but I assume just new replacement coils or stiffer coils or coil-over kits???

Not something I fully understand yet, so any suggestions gratefully received...

Comment

nice!!..., best colour! very similar car to mine (mines done 110000), just gave mine a compression test as I thought it may be getting "loose" because of just how much faster it feels compared to my 48000 mile s50 roadster, the lowest compression reading was 159 psi and the highest was 170 psi after 8-12 pulses!, so still very healthy indeed!!..., ive always been a huge z3m fan (both roadsters and coupes!!), cracking cars!!!... enjoy!

Comment

Welcome.

H & R Anti roll bars
              H & R Anti Roll bars
              H & R Anti Roll bars

I think that is what you are after. You will not believe the difference it makes. Do a search for info.
              Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

After having mine only a few weeks it would certainly benefit from a few carefully chosen upgrades in the handling department as there is a little too much body role compared to more modern sports cars, however, the basic formula for amazing handling is there by design.

One thing is for certain from what I have seen on this forum over the last few weeks there are some extremely knowledgeable members who will know exactly what needs to be done!

I would love to modify mine in terms of handling but will be opting to keep it standard at present simply to ensure the value of the car long term. In some regards I wish I'd opted for a lower cost example so I could fettle with it to my hearts content!
                2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Heya Duncan :-)

Yup, gotta agree with everyone here, I took their advice and went for B8 shocks, H&R springs and H&R ARBs. I wanted a bit more so I PowerFlex'd the whole car, against some people's advice (and they did a lot of creaking as they bedded in!) but it's perfect for me as it is.

You can't help but love these cars :-) Enjoy!!

Comment

thank you for all the advice.

Its clear the H&R ARB's are a popular and well tested beneficial upgrade, and most likely the best thing to do to reduce the roll and tighten up a 100k mile car.

I guess I'll consider looking at the springs and shocks too, but for now I'm just going to drive it more and get used to it. Then I'll be better placed to make a call on what, if anything, to change and then I'll look at all this in the winter.

Like Chagac, I'm keen to keep things as original as possible, but don't see the problem with limited upgrades that target clear improvements on the original components. Hence, why I may just stick to the H&R ARBs...we'll see!?

I'm sure most looking to buy a Z3MC would be knowledgeable on these issues so don't feel it'll particularly effect its value. Then again, if I had a S54 with less than 25k on the clock maybe I'll be thinking differently! It must drive very nice Chagac!

Comment

It's a real pleasure to drive, although I’ve only tapped into a tenth of the performance so far. I described it to a friend the other day that it feels like “real driving” and very different from modern sports cars which can be more like a driving simulator game on your PlayStation!

It's been raining all day today and I've been sat with a face liked a slapped arse as I’d planned a fun day out! Hoping for sunshine next weekend!
                      2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

They do work in the rain you know!
                        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Thanks Ian!
                          2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Welcome to the forum !
                            Bilstein Shocks with Eibach 30mm. Springs would be great for lateral movements. If you choose an H&R sway bar then you need to re-inforce the mounting points. Front Strut brace and a Randy Forbes Reinforcement Kit would almost finish your unwanted body rolls. Enjoy your Estoril interior :)
                            I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
                            sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

can you use lowered springs with standard dampers so can incrementally upgrade

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Working...
                              X