New owner from Rutland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner from Rutland

Hi guys, just bought one of my boyhood dream cars (I was 13 when it came out), the M coupe.

Really please with it, mechanically it is absolutely spot on with a lot of recent suspension, clutch, engine etc work done which is why i bought it. The downside are a few scabs of bubbling rust around the body, it's about to go in for the full works and full respray to bring it back to its former glory so the outside matches the internals!

Might not be right to ask this in the welcome section but one thing I need to know asap is are the wings/skirts correct on my car, the bottom of the front wing panel seem to overhang the sill by around 5-10mm where it opens up for the wheel, see the pics below(ignore the rubbing, this is one off the offending areas!) Are the wings/skirts correct or have I a mismatch part, its the same on both sides, just thought I'd ask before I got to town on the bodywork/my wallet!

Any advice would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting a M Coupe.

I will try and find a picture but I am sure there is not normally a difference in the length of sill and wheel arch

Comment

I've nothing to compare against as I 'stupidly' fell in love with the first one I saw and bought it!

I presume it can't be wide body sill as the rear fits perfectly, maybe it's not quite fitted right? It'll be coming off in the next few days for the bodywork sort out so i guess I'll see then. I'd just like to know now so I can order new panels if need be?

Comment

not a great picture,

Comment

What's the gap like where the door meets the rear wing ?

Comment

That's a rear isn't it? The rear seems fine it's just the front, all the gaps look good, just the two front wing/panels seem to poke out at the bottom a tad. Seem odd that it's the same both sides...

Comment

Originally posted by benny-g View Post
              That's a rear isn't it? The rear seems fine it's just the front, all the gaps look good, just the two front wing/panels seem to poke out at the bottom a tad. Seem odd that it's the same both sides...
              oops I thought your picture was showing the rear arch

Comment

Some pictures here showing sills and arches

https://zroadster.org/threads/sill-r...try-added.373/

Comment

I'll have to have a gander tomorrow when they get removed. Thanks for the info though, I'm sure they'll be many more questions coming from me whilst I complete the light restoration

Comment

Welcome to the Forum

I have just got my car back from the body shop with new sill's fitted and they do not stick out like yours.

Comment

Nope, that doesn't right. The sill covers and front panels are a pretty easy removal though, so hopefully you'll be able to see what's going on without much drama
                      Last edited by Fat Tony; 01-12-2015, 09:02 AM.
                      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Welcome benny and congrats on the purchase

Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X