Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from switzerland

Hi guys!

I have been browsing this excellent forum for almost two years already and I really have to make all of you a big compliment for building up this great knowledgebase.

I bought myself an imola red s50 a year and a half ago and it's been completely problem free, mainly because I knew what to look out for before purchasing it. I must say, I'm still just as convinced of the car as I was on the first day and I love it to bits.

I haven't done much to the car aside from changing all fluids and adjusting the tappets. It rolls on 19s BBS CH that came with the car. Of course I got a set of original wheels since I intended to keep it stock... Well, I ditched that idea and got H&R ARBs, a different BMW refurbished alcantara wrapped steering wheel, and threw some federal rsr on the stock wheels. Some further suspension upgrades are about to come this winter.

About myself, I am in my early thirties, I live in Switzerland, I work as engineer in the environmental field, and aside from the clown shoe I drive a Honda Accord Type R and ride a Aprilia RSV 1000.

Hi and welcome officially!

Some great photos of the car, looking good

The modifying bug is highly contagious, be careful
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

I personally think the stock wheels look better than the 19s, no doubt others will have different views.

Welcome!
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Welcome
          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
            I personally think the stock wheels look better than the 19s, no doubt others will have different views.

Welcome!
            Definitely, although black is not my favourite colour for a wheel, it does look lower and sleeker on the standard wheels.

Comment

I also think the stock wheels suit the car better. Unfortunately I wasn't patient enough to wait for silver wheels to come up on a local auction site, so I went for these black ones somebody had up for sale.

18" wheels look the best to me on the shoe, and to be frank, the BBS Challenge looks a bit too 'modern' to go with the car to begin with. BBS LMs on the other hand :) ... but money doesn't grow on trees.

Comment

Welcome.....Nice car and lovely landscape pictures.

How do you stand in Switzerland with modification? Is it like Germany with TUV?

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                  Welcome.....Nice car and lovely landscape pictures.

How do you stand in Switzerland with modification? Is it like Germany with TUV?
                  We have pretty much the same system as in Germany. Parts need to be certified for the vehicle and usually the official distributors take care of the certification process and sell the parts with the certification documents. After fitting the parts you take your car to the local MOT along with all the documents, they check the proper installation, and the modifications will be added and listed in your registration documents of the car.

Sounds all nice and straightforward but since the market for parts is much smaller and the certification process for the distributor equally expensive as elsewhere parts with proper certification are more expensive... and TÜV approved certification won't help you here...

Given enough money, all kinds of modifications can be done and driven on the street legally.

Comment

Great picture

Comment

Originally posted by hoonicorn View Post
                      We have pretty much the same system as in Germany. Parts need to be certified for the vehicle and usually the official distributors take care of the certification process and sell the parts with the certification documents. After fitting the parts you take your car to the local MOT along with all the documents, they check the proper installation, and the modifications will be added and listed in your registration documents of the car.

Sounds all nice and straightforward but since the market for parts is much smaller and the certification process for the distributor equally expensive as elsewhere parts with proper certification are more expensive... and TÜV approved certification won't help you here...

Given enough money, all kinds of modifications can be done and driven on the street legally.
                      We don't know how lucky we are here in the UK having the freedom to do unlimited mods to cars and bikes. Compared to certain mainland European countries we have it easy!

Comment

Working...
                      X