New Owner of Dakar MC sold at CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner of Dakar MC sold at CCA

Hello to all , I'm new owner of Dakar MC sold at CCA auction NEC last Sunday , I went to the show and auction specifically for this car , and after viewing plus seeing the extensive history file etc new it was the one for me , very luckily I eventually won the bid ( actually was prepared to go a little more ) so excellent result for myself, I'm extremely pleased with the car , a credit to its previous owners a few of which I can see were active members of this forum over the years. The car was submitted by HR Owen who I believe were at one point retailing the car for around £40k .
    I've always loved the shape of these unique cars and the drive is phenomenal.
    I live in sunny Dorset which has some great scenic driving , Of Which I've been enjoying while getting to know the car a little better this last week , it joins my other adored steeds a Clio V6 255 , and 997 turbo , I know already the MC will be adored just as much , I'm also a member of PCGB , and ClioV6.net tho to be honest don't always find the time to do much posting! But very much appreciate the wealth of knowledge that these forums provide and also very valuable information on past histories of these wonderful cars if owned by active members . Only dilemma now is the MC has made it even harder to choose which to take out on a nice sunny day !!

Ongratulations Mark and welcome to the forum
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Welcome Mark
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Hi Mark, just down the road! Ian
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Welcome - congrats on the motor.

Did you view and pass up on any others before buying this one? Just out of curiosity really. Trying to see what private buyers for these cars are doing and if you had a preference over private/trade etc.

Cheers,

D.
            S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Welcome from Aylesbury
              You have the best colour I am very jealous!! My dream was to own a Dakar Coupe but budget only stretched to a Dakar Roadster
              Hope to see you at an event soon as never seen a Dakar MC in the flesh

Comment

Thank you for welcome all 👍😄

Comment

Dakar MC

Welcome to MC ownership.
                  Your car was owned by a chap in our village in Scotland and was almost a twin of our car, so at one point the were 2 Dakar MCs living within 1/2 mile of each other. Given how rare they are, that was quite something.
                  The car went to Knockhill along with us and a couple of others from Scotland. Picture attached.
                  I know he sold it to HR Owens, so it is your new car.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/photopost/da...ll_2012_1x.jpg
                  Last edited by Tig; 17-04-2017, 01:57 PM.
                  2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
                  Ex Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
                  Ex Caterham 7

Comment

Hi yep that's uncanny that two Dakar MC S were owned in the same village in Scotland did previous owner replace with anything as exotic ? Owens bought the car to retail for a good profit I assume , believe they spent a few K on new factory standard suspension, air intakes and other bits , before going into their showroom , I've had car 3 weeks now and can't stop driving it ! Assume you use your MC as a weekend special as prob most owners do these days , such an engaging drive ��

Comment

Working...
                    X