Wanted: 10mm spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 10mm spacers

A long shot - but if anyone has any 10mm hubcentric spacers (with/without longer bolts) I'd like to get some just to tweak the look a bit...

Otherwise, any suggestions where I can get some for a reasonable price? Looking for all 4 wheels, 10mm per wheel (20mm for each axle). Not fussed about brand as long as they are reasonable quality. Also, any ideas what length bolts I need?

Thanks!
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Go for 12mm H&R; a safer bet for fitment IME. 10mm is tight due to the design of hubcentric and Eibach at least did not fit my car without modification to the hub spigots (either remove hubnut dust cover or chamfer the spigot (rear).

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
      Go for 12mm H&R; a safer bet for fitment IME. 10mm is tight due to the design of hubcentric and Eibach at least did not fit my car without modification to the hub spigots (either remove hubnut dust cover or chamfer the spigot (rear).
      Helpful - thanks!

What length nuts did you use?
      '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Just found these:

http://www.cmwheels.com/index.php?ro...roduct_id=1125

Anyone got any experience with BIMECC spacers? They also sell kits with 2 H&R and 2 BIMECC spacers - no sure what the point of that would be?

Comment

They should be ok, have heard of people using them before and as the bolts are included (they're not with Eibach / H&R 12mm for example) that's a good deal.

Thread length of a standard bolt is 25mm, so these bolts should be 35-38mm thread length.

One thing I've always had (more so on the front) is wobble with spacers. Mainly using Eibach or H&R and I found that it's a slightly loose tolerance on mating hub surfaces; that is the hub to spacer spigot and then spacer to wheel spigot. The play is tiny, but I read a thread on a US forum somewhere that someone wrapped even just one or two runs of masking tape around the spigots to tighten the fit and for me that tiny difference worked.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
            One thing I've always had (more so on the front) is wobble with spacers. Mainly using Eibach or H&R and I found that it's a slightly loose tolerance on mating hub surfaces; that is the hub to spacer spigot and then spacer to wheel spigot. The play is tiny, but I read a thread on a US forum somewhere that someone wrapped even just one or two runs of masking tape around the spigots to tighten the fit and for me that tiny difference worked.
            Good tip. Once I've got my wheels refurbed I will get some and see how they fayre...

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
              Just found these:

http://www.cmwheels.com/index.php?ro...roduct_id=1125

Anyone got any experience with BIMECC spacers? They also sell kits with 2 H&R and 2 BIMECC spacers - no sure what the point of that would be?
              I've got these front & rear on my coupe, I bought the wheel bolts too. No issues
              1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Hi, I've some tpi hubcentric spacers, bolts and locking wheel bolts. I think they are 12mm or 15mm back and 3mm or 5mm fronts. I'll look tomorrow if you're still searching?
                Ricki71

Silver/black s50. Vw transporter dsg 230
                Alpina b12 e32. 530d sport touring

Comment

They're 3mm fronts and 15mm rears with longer bolts and locking ones.
                  Ricki71

Silver/black s50. Vw transporter dsg 230
                  Alpina b12 e32. 530d sport touring

Comment

Originally posted by Ricki71 View Post
                    They're 3mm fronts and 15mm rears with longer bolts and locking ones.
                    Thanks! I've decided to go with 12mm front and rear, but appreciate the offer!

Comment

Working...
                    X