Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow / Sticking windows

Guys,

I have searched but cannot find a thread that relates to the above problem, thought I had seen one though!?

Any advice on how to fix please?

Squirt a bit of silicone lubricant spray (not WD 40) into the vertical runners, when the windows are open, being careful not to get any on the glass. Then close and open a few times. That usually does the trick. At the same time, lubricate the locks, hinges, door mirror attachments and bonnet alarm switch, and do this on a reasonably regular basis.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

I had the triangular pieces of glass re-fitted, this helped a lot. Otherwise just lubrication.
      Last edited by MGR; 19-01-2009, 09:11 PM.
      Ex 2001 S54
      New cars:
      Lotus Carlton
      350Z

Comment

Hoorah! Siliconed the runners and much improved....Should have thought about myself.
        Thanks Jason

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
          Squirt a bit of silicone lubricant spray (not WD 40) into the vertical runners, when the windows are open, being careful not to get any on the glass. Then close and open a few times. That usually does the trick. At the same time, lubricate the locks, hinges, door mirror attachments and bonnet alarm switch, and do this on a reasonably regular basis.
          exdos, at risk of asking a silly question, where are the vertical runners?

Thanks

Sonu

Comment

Its the bits the window slides up and down in.
            Ex 2001 S54
            New cars:
            Lotus Carlton
            350Z

Comment

Good call - my driver's window was getting a bit slow on the way down, so I picked up a can of silicone spray this afternoon, have just given it a quick spray and it's right as rain again
              www.tracking-shot.com

Comment

Was going to do this tomorrow morning as mine have got quite slow again.

Does anyone know if spray PTFE lubricant is better than silcone spray for this job? (just looked through the ScrewFix catalogue you see!!)
                Last edited by Spooks; 30-01-2009, 08:59 PM.
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Not sure about PTFE spray but silsicone works well! Cant imagine for a second that PTFE wouldn't also do a good job!

Comment

stick to silicone..we know that works !!

Comment

I bought the silicone anyway as PTFE sounded a little OTT!

Drivers side is like new and even though the passenger side is alot better, its not quite as smooth/fast.
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                        I bought the silicone anyway as PTFE sounded a little OTT!

Drivers side is like new and even though the passenger side is alot better, its not quite as smooth/fast.
                        Spooks mate give it time and another squirt !!at the mo there is so much salt and xxxx about..put it into the regime of washing etc.............

Comment

Working...
                        X