• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asm

ASM motors http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/26436/asm1.htm

anyone had any experiance of them they seem to have a few m coupes in stock

Thanks

Mikey

The Black s54, one owner, looks like a good prospect from the ad.
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Yes, stay away i saw it first

Comment

Just bought the Imola S50 from them. Both the guy that owns the firm, and the guy I dealt with (Luke) have owned MCs and know the cars inside out. In fact, the owner of the company is on these forums somewhere - there are posts about the M5 engine/gearbox conversion that he is doing to another MC at the moment.

Service was first class - I wanted the wheels refurbished, AC regassed, new gear knob/gaiter and 12 month MOT which they sorted out for me. The car failed on the front springs which they got replaced as well. Good communication, and the car seems absolutely fine so far (I've just driven 130 miles back to London in it).

I will say that the silver S50 is a bit tatty - slightly lower mileage, has had a new vanos, has ACS suspension and the ACS spoiler fitted. Few bodywork dinks that need sorted out and the rear wheels are a bit pitted. I didn't drive it, but I know Luke at ASM owned the car himself a few years ago and knows it's history well. There didn't seem to be anything that couldn't be easily sorted, and the lowered car looks good next to stock.

I didn't look closely at the S54 - slightly out of my price range, but I did see one of the guys at the garage driving it today and it looks in good nick.
        '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Thanks, having a wobble about getting an m coupe now, was looking at the black 02 plate but thinking with the new z4's coming out the price of the m coupe is gonna drop bearing in mind you can get a 07 z4 for 18K? I know there different cars but for £3k more....

Comment

It's a no brainer for me, but if it has to be explained, it's unlikely it will be understood!
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Ian , you'll have to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                Ian , you'll have to explain.
                I think what he is referring to is that if you look objectively the Z3MC doesn't make a very good case for itself against say an M3 or a newer Z4 etc. You have to want one for no other reason than you want it ! The other options don't exist because they are not a Z3 MC.
                Ex 2001 S54
                New cars:
                Lotus Carlton
                350Z

Comment

Hit the nail on the head! You want one beacause you do.
                  EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
                  Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                    Thanks, having a wobble about getting an m coupe now, was looking at the black 02 plate but thinking with the new z4's coming out the price of the m coupe is gonna drop bearing in mind you can get a 07 z4 for 18K? I know there different cars but for £3k more....
                    Personally I don't think the new Z4 will impact much on either the Z3M Coupe or Z4M Coupe (maybe the Z4 roadster though) as they're very different cars; the new Z4 looks like it's aimed at the SLK market and is a folding hard top.

Comment

MGR we're on the same wavelength!!

That said, I would wager that in 10 years time the Z3M Coupe will be worth 3 times the other options you mention. Only time will tell!!

Comment

The Z3M : You just get it or you don't!

Comment

Working...
                        X