Cosmos S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boostina3 View Post

I then decided that the suspension could do with a refresh so ordered broadway coilovers the ride is amazing with many different levels of adjustability. It is also the best setup I have had in any of my coupes, compared to H&R, Bilstein and Koni. They can go much lower but as I still want to leave the car at a practical height its staying here.
    Rear springs are tiny compared to OEM

Can you share more coilover details? They look tiny!
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
      Can you share more coilover details? They look tiny!
      Of course, here is the link. http://fortune-auto-direct.myshopify...c-500s-dampers
      Modularity- Upgradeable to 2-Way Canisters
      24 Step Rebound Adjustable Dampers
      Digressive Piston Technology
      T6 6061 Aluminum Mounts and Camber Plates
      Monotube Damper with High Pressure Nitrogen

I have the radial bearings and custom spring rates. Lots of the US "stance" guys run them and the cars frame can touch the ground when lowered all the way down. I didn't get them to go low, but rather the neat fact that that I will never bottom the suspension out due to their design.

Comment

Surely bottoming the suspension out is preferable to the body though?

And the factory style setup lets the body scrape the floor before the suspension bottoms out (I fitted extra bump stops on the rear to stop this when I lowered the car).

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          Surely bottoming the suspension out is preferable to the body though?

And the factory style setup lets the body scrape the floor before the suspension bottoms out (I fitted extra bump stops on the rear to stop this when I lowered the car).
          Indeed your right, I would rather bottom out my suspension before the car hits the ground. I'll rephrase and say that with this suspension I won't bottom it out unless there is an extreme pothole or something. When I had the Kw's I had them set as low as it would go and its my current height. The car also rode like a skateboard.

Comment

Ah right I think I see what you mean! in that the suspension has travel while still riding low?

Comment

Working...
            X