No announcement yet.

Z3 coupe project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooo hold on everyone, I'm just replacing bits! I never put it on. But I like it so it stays haha. I said at the start it's a 2.8 I'm not hiding that It won't be a 2.8 for too long! I do love a supercharger, my S2000 was rotrex supercharged, but I wouldn't have all the work done again when I can get bigger engine with big n/a power.

Yes the reatactable fabric piece, mine is very tatty:( would like the M version to go with all the other M trim.

And don't worry about being mean, I have plenty of trophies and magazine cover/shoots to know I have a eye for these things, you just can't please everyone ha I just hope I can do this car justice. :)

Thanks everyone

Edit! In theory I won't be putting on the new M badge till it's been sprayed so it may have a bespoke M engine in by then.
    Last edited by Jimboz3m; 12-01-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jimboz3m;169741]Wooo hold on everyone, I'm just replacing bits! I never put it on. But I like it so it stays haha. I said at the start it's a 2.8 I'm not hiding that It won't be a 2.8 for too long! I do love a supercharger, my S2000 was rotrex supercharged, but I wouldn't have all the work done again when I can get bigger engine with big n/a power.

Yes the reatactable fabric piece, mine is very tatty:( would like the M version to go with all the other M trim.

And don't worry about being mean, I have plenty of trophies and magazine cover/shoots to know I have a eye for these things, you just can't please everyone ha I just hope I can do this car justice. :)

Thanks everyone

Edit! In theory I won't be putting on the new M badge till it's been sprayed so it may have a bespoke M engine in by then.[/QUOTE

Good luck with the project Jimbo. Remember and keep this thread updated

Comment

It's only banter Jimbo. Take no notice of us fella. Enjoy!
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Stepped wheels

2nd hand alloy arrived last week. Getting taken to a company called WheelUnique this weekend hopefully, see about getting them made into two piece and made into 18s. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimboz3m View Post
            2nd hand alloy arrived last week. Getting taken to a company called WheelUnique this weekend hopefully, see about getting them made into two piece and made into 18s. :)

Sounds interesting

Comment

Quick question :)

Will the Z3M brake calipers fit my non M normal coupe? Also in meantime front diffuser has arrived, and rear has been ordered. Got some M door sills to add to the pile also.

Thanks

Comment

No they don't fit on, the kingpin/hubs would need to be change (and then the struts probably as well).

The bonus is your car has many more options for brakes than the M. I am sure factory 330ci brakes fit straight on from the E46 and are same size as Z3M @ 325mm so will fit under 17s. Also loads of aftermarket brake kits available.

Comment

Quick update.

Thanks for the info, i should check this more often:)

I don't know how I managed it, but i bagged myself a genuine ACS boot wing, which i really wanted:) so that's coming this week. Door sills are lost in America, god knows where. Still haven't sorted wheels too.

Really after a set of the original M mats. If anyone has a old set or spare. Let me know.

Thank you . Progress is slow, hard getting things done while working away.

ACS handbrake and gear nob are on UK eBay as I'm typing this :)

Comment

Thanks for the info, i should check this more often:)

I don't know how I managed it, but i bagged myself a genuine ACS boot wing, which i really wanted:) so that's coming this week. Door sills are lost in America, god knows where. Still haven't sorted wheels too.

Really after a set of the original M mats. If anyone has a old set or spare. Let me know.

Thank you . Progress is slow, hard getting things done while working away.

ACS handbrake and gear nob are on UK eBay as I'm typing this :)

Handbrake and gear knob are way overpriced at £250.

Comment

Yeah i was kind of put off by that. Didn't really know the worth of the ACS wing. But i didn't question it. To rare to pass up lol

Comment

Yeah i was kind of put off by that. Didn't really know the worth of the ACS wing. But i didn't question it. To rare to pass up lol

I think you did well with the wing as it was much cheaper than the last one I saw on ebay

Comment

Update.

Been a while. My fake Z3M project finally started.

Picked up ACS wing.
                          Dinan rear diffuser.
                          Some 9/10J BBS 3 piece splits.
                          Cars currently in garage for full repray. Ferraro Corsa red.

Full set of refurbed z3m gloss black wheels for sale, new stickers/centres and also a spare rear up for grabs £750. Went against splitting the wheels, due to time it would of taken to do.
                          Last edited by Jimboz3m; 10-06-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Jimbo,
                            Interesting project you have started, looks to be coming along well.

Since earlier in your thread you had a picture of Jess Robson's car which you had seen up in Newcastle, can we presume you are from up this way?

I take it the car is LHD as I believe no RDH non M Coupes were made?

Look forward to seeing pics the finished car.
                            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                            1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                              Hi Jimbo,
                              Interesting project you have started, looks to be coming along well.

Since earlier in your thread you had a picture of Jess Robson's car which you had seen up in Newcastle, can we presume you are from up this way?

I take it the car is LHD as I believe no RDH non M Coupes were made?

Look forward to seeing pics the finished car.
                              Hi Pete

Thanks for the kind words. It's a non M RHD, bloke who I bought it off said it had been converted. I had no idea if this was true, but the car has the passenger air bag sticker on the wrong side, so maybe a clue lol I'm from Middlesbrough yes :)

I'm at a local show this weekend at Gateshead stadium on Sunday if it's finished.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                                Handbrake and gear knob are way overpriced at £250.
                                Get the Storm ones much nicer !

Comment

Working...
                                X