Black S50 grey interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black S50 grey interior

epic fail at starting a journal....having trouble uploading images etc despite reading the guides, the photobucket situation has meant a lot of the instructions with pictures have been removed making it more difficult to follow the steps for a new poster

any help appreciated
    Last edited by 4xhausts; 04-07-2017, 11:11 AM.

Try another site like flickr which is fairly straight forward for uploading pictures

Comment

Hopefully this works....having purchase my black S50 a few weeks ago, it was in need of some cosmetic work. Namely rusted side sills, oxidised wing mirror bases, deep scratch in boot. I took the car to a recommended paint shop for a proper sills and mirrors off rust protection and respray

(Any tips on how to make the pics larger/full size? I have resized them to 1200 pixels as instructed on the how to guide....)
      Last edited by 4xhausts; 09-10-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Up on ramp with side panel removed. The drivers side was fine, but the rear/inside of the passenger side one was rusted affecting the fitment

Comment

Comment

Comment

sills then taken off and inspected, not too bad except for the underside.

Comment

sills then resprayed

Comment

boot and bumper resprayed too.

Comment

In the meantime, I was busy ordering some essentials to smooth out the gear change and sort out the tired old OEM stick.

I ordered a platinum V2 from Bilal at Storm which goes great with the grey interior, new M badges and seat bushes from Aceman, new BMW badges (the rear one was the correct size but the two grommets were slightly too wide so it wouldn't slot in), an Earls clutch hose and also a new throttle cable from BMW.

Comment

I then spent Monday night fitting the V2, badges etc and gave the car a good clean inside and out. It was also my first opportunity to go for a proper drive. I can only confirm what other say about the StormWerks shift, it really does make a huge difference to the feel of the car.

Here are some pics of the car as it is now.

Next jobs are to replace the fuel sender unit, fit the clutch hose, Synchro max oil and throttle cable, seatbushes and a sticky drivers window.

After that the engine needs a really thorough clean, two new front tyres and will also get to work with a gliptone kit on the interior.

Apart from that, I am pleased that with just a bit of cosmetic work, the car is looking a lot better.

Comment

Also need to refurb the alloys and have ordered 4 new wheel badges from Germany. No doubt I will do more further down the line, possibly ARB's and a new or refurbed cam cover once the engine bay is tidied up. I also need a passenger side indicator panel as the existing one was badly corroded (drivers side was spotless), new bonnet clips etc etc

I am definitely in for the long haul though as I have wanted an M Coupe since I was about 16 (I'm 33 now) and hope to use the car as often as possible. My day to day is a Golf GT170 diesel to do 20,000+ miles a year for work, so using the coupe will hopefully feel like an event whenever I can take it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X