No announcement yet.

inkey$ Imola S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring clean post Duxford and in prep for the Summer. Next up on the list is an oil service and rear spacers. Maybe tackle that engine bay in a lot more detail too.

Never tire of looking at, driving and cleaning this car.

S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd give the Gliptone kit I bought a while back a go today. Very easy to use and definitely ended up looking more matt in finish after the conditioner had soaked in. It did highlight some bolster wear discolouring so will need to take that on next but happy with the results for a first attempt.

S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Get yourself a scuffmaster kit. See my journal for results

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Roof rack added.

- Thule black square bars; Dremelled out an extra 30mm each side underneath on just the back bar as it wouldn't adjust down narrow enough.

- Thule 3065 fitting kit.

- Thule 751 foot pack.

Fits like a glove and installed with moonroof open to ensure no rubbing (plenty of clearance at sides and above).

Off to Halfrauds tomorrow for a bike carrier then my summer, urban utility look is complete

S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Twin Thule 590 Proride carriers fitted. Great weekend had hooning the back roads of Suffolk.

S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Looks great.

Did you drive around with a bike rack on but no bikes?

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
                  Looks great.

Did you drive around with a bike rack on but no bikes?
                  Inaugural last minute trip to see friends back home. Phase 2 is the full MTB-on-roof test whir the sun is still shining!
                  S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Solenoid seals

So a few weeks back I notice a small drop of oil as I reverse out of my garage. later that weekend I discover a nice, regular pulse of oil as the engine runs from the solenoid seals. Turns out the originals dont like to last longer than 75k miles (who knew?!).

Managed to limp the 100 miles or so back home - stopping every 20 miles to keep her topped up with premium 5w30 - and replacing the new seals next week.

If you ever want the underside of your car oiled and protected from the elements though, this is the way to do it :) Proper oily mess.
                    S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Fame at long last :)
                      August 2017 edition of Modern Classics magazine
                      Attached Files
                      S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Thats great to see.

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Originally posted by inkey$ View Post
                            Roof rack added.

- Thule black square bars; Dremelled out an extra 30mm each side underneath on just the back bar as it wouldn't adjust down narrow enough.

- Thule 3065 fitting kit.

- Thule 751 foot pack.

Fits like a glove and installed with moonroof open to ensure no rubbing (plenty of clearance at sides and above).

Off to Halfrauds tomorrow for a bike carrier then my summer, urban utility look is complete

Can you not cut the rear bar down a touch to keep it in line with the taper of the roof? The OE roofrack is like this [with a smaller rear bar]. I think you can usually do this with aero bars as the end caps will cover a cut. Can't remember how thebrackets attach the bar though so may need to redrill that part!

Comment

It's on the list. Already cut the adjustment channels in the rear square bar but do at some point want to trip the ends down too for better body flow. Caps come off easily enough so should be easy enough.
                              S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X