RV51 YVF Bristol, Chelt Rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV51 YVF Bristol, Chelt Rd

RV51 or HV51 plate.......I was sat in traffic a couple of hours ago having just had the tracking done on my black S50 when a phoenix yellow S54 (assume it is, looking at the plate date) drove past. I waved but the driver was oblivious.....first time I have crossed paths with another coupe though.

Nick

Rod from Frampton on Severn I bet

Comment

Originally posted by 4xhausts View Post
      RV51 or HV51 plate.......I was sat in traffic a couple of hours ago having just had the tracking done on my black S50 when a phoenix yellow S54 (assume it is, looking at the plate date) drove past. I waved but the driver was oblivious.....first time I have crossed paths with another coupe though.

Nick
      Hi Nick,

I did not know that there was another Black on Grey S50 in Bristol....... good choice
      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Yep, only had it a few months and have been getting it up to scratch since but I'm based in Bristol. It's starting to look decent, just about to do an alloy refurb and it will be almost there
        Last edited by 4xhausts; 18-06-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Looks good. Who is going the refurb?

I would recommend Platinum Alloys in Swindon (used to be Lepsons)..... they did mine a couple of years ago and they still look mint.... although I have probably only done 500 miles or so in it in the last couple of years, so they should do!

They did some 313s on my 335i Touring last week in Ferric Grey and they did a great job of those as well.

Hopefully see yours around, it's looking good, have you thought about wheel spacers?

Comment

I was recommended Phoenix alloys by two separate places, but I'm not 100% yet on where to go. My car is totally standard except for a earls clutch hose and a weighted gear knob, and I was going to keep it like that, although I will admit the rears sit a bit too much inside the arch on a standard set up. It is tempting to do spacers and springs etc because they look even meaner when lowered, but I'm undecided.

Comment

Originally posted by 4xhausts View Post
              I was recommended Phoenix alloys by two separate places, but I'm not 100% yet on where to go. My car is totally standard except for a earls clutch hose and a weighted gear knob, and I was going to keep it like that, although I will admit the rears sit a bit too much inside the arch on a standard set up. It is tempting to do spacers and springs etc because they look even meaner when lowered, but I'm undecided.
              I only came across Phoenix alloys recently and reviews look ok, so with two recommendations you should be fine.

I quite like the wheels tucked in slightly as an OEM look but as standard it was too much for me. Running 10mm all around and that works well for me.

Regarding further mods, there is no rush, run it as standard and do it when/ if you fancy it.

Slippery slope mind

Comment

Working...
              X