No announcement yet.

V8 M Coupe Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that’s going to look (and sound!) amazing!!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

On the old Dotz wheels which are now relegated to slaves, sat on the recovery truck for the journey from the painter's to Dyno Torque where it'll get the new engine and box fitted.

Ready to make a start.......

Last edited by fok; 25-01-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Yea those wheels don't look the best. What wheels do you run normally? There's quite a few decent options for wide rear stagger fitment now.

Comment

Yep, the Dotz wheels are pretty hideous aren't they. I might have them powder coated black and run part worn slicks on them as a cheap track day combo once my 1/2 cage goes in.

I run it on LM's, which I know are a bit samey, but hey, what doesn't look good on them?

Comment

I thought you had LMs, yes they do look nice!

I never like wheels like those DOTZ that have the spokes curve outwards and back in to create a "fake" dish; on these cars there is enough width and offset on the back to have a flat wheel face and a proper dish.

Comment

Or you take real concave wheels like Apex ARC8 or PS7 or BBS RC ...

From the look, the wheels on the pic, the Dotz don’t match to the body
              greets Michi

Comment

Engine and gearbox are now in the car.

Apart from the obvious difference from T56 to TR6060 gearbox which needed new mounts, there's actually a fair few other differences from the LS1 to LS3 in terms of ancillaries and location of pipes etc.

Mice had eaten through some of my fuel lines so I'll be a bit fussier where I store it now, plus some brake pipes also need replacing. Craig at Dyno Torque is doing new braided stuff throughout.

It's a bit more work than I expected, but no drama, I'm in good hands and I'm quite excited now, which after all was the objective!

With the front panel removed it's very easy to see just how compact the LS series engines really are compared to the BMW DOHC V8s.

The alloy motor sits pretty far back in the engine bay compared to S5*series, so weight distribution is pretty good. When my car got weighed after the LS1 conversion, the bias was virtually 50/50.

I didn't get many shots like this before, so it's nice to see it taking shape and appreciating the benefits.

Last edited by fok; 09-02-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Front end back on and beginning to look like a car again

Exhaust, fuelling, intake and cooling all done and wiring now under way.

Gear linkage finished. It's got an adapted 5 series linkage and all soundproofing is back in place making it a nice sealed factory like finish inside.

The shift is very short and positive, a nice feel and improvement over the muscle car old-skool feel of the T56.

Interestingly, there's a 1 series track car in for an S65 conversion at the same time.

It's great to see them side by side. The S65 is a big old lump next to an LS! Better if we don't talk about power figure comparisons either

Last edited by fok; 14-02-2018, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Gearbox and oil coolers now fitted.

Comment

Looking awsome !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                        Looking awsome !!!!
                        Thanks. I'm getting really into it and feeling excited for the end result.

Comment

So you should be...that Donkey sits lovely in there...very tidy indeed.

Comment

For some reason I really like the car in this picture, even though it's sat on the horrible Dotz slave wheels. It must be that it looks short and squat without the front bumper?

It could also do with the KW's lowering a tad too but still looks good IMO.

They're such great looking cars from certain angles!

Comment

Coming along nicely. You must put up a sound clip when it’s done, would love to hear it
                              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                                ...would love to hear it
                                Mine's not running yet but here's another interesting LS3 conversion just completed in the same workshop. Quite cool I think.

https://www.facebook.com/craig.taylo...6552834045048/

88mph here we come

Comment

Working...
                                X