No announcement yet.

inkey$ Imola S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got floating discs from ecp for 180 a set. BTW Bilt Hamber deox.c gel is awesome at taking rust off anything that's a pain to remove.

Comment

Build update. These arrived for me yesterday. New, shiny chrome tailgate handle with seal, front jacking point units and passenger door airbag tab.
      Attached Files
      S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Ooh how much was the handle? Mines gone all bubbly underneath and could look better. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by itsdashy View Post
          Ooh how much was the handle? Mines gone all bubbly underneath and could look better. TIA
          IIRC its around £78 plus a few quid for a new seal. Might try and refurb the old one.
          S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Goodo. Something else to put in the list for Augusts refurb unless you found a brilliant way of restoring the original.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by itsdashy View Post
              Goodo. Something else to put in the list for Augusts refurb unless you found a brilliant way of restoring the original.

Thanks
              People keep telling me that once rust is in, its in - but I might try stripping it all back and getting rechromed so I have a spare.
              S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Rear chrome grab handle not 100% with some minor rust bubbling underneath.

Fitted the new unit and seal yesterday (after buying a socket extension to actually get at the 10mm nuts!).

S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

New OEM front discs and pads fitted this weekend. Even managed to get out on a decent run too.

God I love this car

Last edited by inkey$; 19-10-2014, 09:28 PM.
                  S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Brand new from another forum member.
                      S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Hi,i'v just read an old article in the Jan 1999 Car Performance magazine with your car featured in it up against a TVR Cerbera...

Comment

Yeah, I have a copy of it in my folder of press cuttings. Pretty good article IIRC! Also managed to contact the journo that long-term owned the car at launch and he works for the same company as me now! Small world.
                          S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Update on my car. The squeak from the FNS suspension has gone, so I'm putting this down to the cold weather and winter hibernation. Now I've been out a few times in the sunshine it's gone and my OCD is happy once again.

Took the weather we had yesterday and treat the breadvan to some springtime TLC. After a few trips out recently she wasn't really dirty but I wanted to polish the paintwork and clean the windows properly.

So after a quick 2 bucket method shampoo, I dried with a couple of microfibres and got busy with the claybar. Wasn't that much to take off if I'm honest and after wiping down I reached for the AG Super Resin Polish and got working. Wheels were treated with AG wheel cleaner and Poorboys Wheel Sealant. (Was planning to wax but ran out of time).

Now the 16 year old Imola paintwork under close inspection is very swirly, but from a few feet away she's shining like a cherry bomb.

One of these days I'll get her over to KDS in Gillingham or learn how to use a DA polisher.
                            Last edited by inkey$; 04-05-2015, 04:09 PM.
                            S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Looks great!

As for the swirls, just drive faster so nobody can see them
                              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

You have a point Spooks! Swirl free motoring here I come!
                                S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X