X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the legend of the Phoenix..she lives again

Thought I'd start a thread here about the phoenix
    I picked it up last August after lusting after one for a few years
    I had actually tried to buy this off Ben previously but couldn't afford it at the time and couldn't get it home with no seats/wheels

So when I saw it for sale again I jumped at the chance and bought it from Dan on here

It's had loads of work done and all I can say is it is a beast - Dan described it as a CSL version of the coupe - the way BMW should have made it - I have to say I agree, it's a raw beast when unleashed

It always brings a smile to my face..
    Last edited by zedmpete; 05-05-2014, 11:47 AM. Reason: adding pics

I was very happy with it but I set about over the winter tidying up a few bits..
    Fittied the final pieces of missing trim..

When fixing petrol guage ended up putting in new fuel pump..

The car looks so mint underneath - not at all like an 11 old car - diff problem sorted by BMW a few yrs ago, but we did notice the rubber donut was about to split into a million pieces so got a new one from BMW and stuck it in..

Because of the momo wheel it had no horn so sorted that..

Changed all oils, filters - and just picked up vanos filter - will sort at weekend
    Last edited by zedmpete; 05-05-2014, 11:57 AM. Reason: to add pics

Comment

Finally got MOT'd at weekend - I called into BMW - (The country garage in Ballymena) beforehand for the vanos filter - it was so funny, as I was leaving a few of the sales guys were looking out the window, then one of the guys came out to look around the car - he loved it - had never seen one in the flesh - v rare here in N Irleand - I only know of another one, which may have sold since I last saw it a few yrs ago..

Same at the MOT centre - the guys were over looking around it, loved the recaros, harnesses etc - anyways it passed which I was thrilled about as it's a bit tighter here than in uk

I'm now looking for a set of 17'' wheels - I'm either gonna go with BBS's or rondell 58's..

Comment

Good stuff - seem to be getting plenty of kudos from people when out and about recently. Been approached twice in the last week on the street & in petrol station for a chat and a look in, even had an offer (unsolicited)... Maybe the once decisive appearance is seen as distinctive and classic now!

Do you still have the momo fitted? If so how did you address the airbag light being on, it's an automatic fail over here... Though removing the bulb is one simple and legal way round the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by W521 View Post
          Good stuff - seem to be getting plenty of kudos from people when out and about recently. Been approached twice in the last week on the street & in petrol station for a chat and a look in, even had an offer (unsolicited)... Maybe the once decisive appearance is seen as distinctive and classic now!
          Is this you or the MC...?!?!
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by W521 View Post

Do you still have the momo fitted? If so how did you address the airbag light being on, it's an automatic fail over here... Though removing the bulb is one simple and legal way round the problem...
            Got my hands on an msport wheel with airbag and had it fitted.. proper PITA..

Last edited by zedmpete; 05-05-2014, 11:57 AM. Reason: pics

Comment

this thread is useless without pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Robmaster View Post
                this thread is useless without pics!
                ok, i'll see what i can do - i can just about type lol.. i'll get a few pics with phone and get the missus to upload/attach them

Comment

Got a few pics uploaded there
                  I'm gathering up bits as i go along
                  -butt strut

There's a 3.9 in atm which is loads fun but for for longer distances i'm considering maybe changing to 3.46/3.64 for middle of the road usability

much as i actually like the 18" m3 rims i wanna change to proper deep dish rears and get some stance going on

Also after an ACS spoiler or similar
                  and if anybody hears of an ITG filter surround for sale let me know - was custom made for the intake - I could probably try and make one up but if one was already made i'd prefer it.. lol

Comment

I like the s13 in the back ;) BDC spec? I think have seen it at Lydden or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by zedmpete View Post
                      Got a few pics uploaded there
                      I'm gathering up bits as i go along
                      -butt strut

There's a 3.9 in atm which is loads fun but for for longer distances i'm considering maybe changing to 3.46/3.64 for middle of the road usability

much as i actually like the 18" m3 rims i wanna change to proper deep dish rears and get some stance going on
                      Yea those 18" M3 wheels don't suit the car really.

I wouldn't bother with the "butt strut", it doesn't do much other than ground out.

3.46 is perfect (IMO), but may feel a bit long if you're used to a 3.9! But it is a good all-rounder.

There's some Rondell 58s here, though the front is 8.5 ET13 and isn't going to fit straight away unless you lower and swap the top mounts (if not already).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-alloys...item2a3be895da

Comment

Good work Pete, glad to see her being treated to all the finishing touches

I've had the 3:46 fitted to mine and can vouch its a complete transformation from OEM but doesn't compromise the car's ability to cruise happily. There are a couple of guys in the states who can supply for £400-£450 inc shipping.

As for the Recaros, I'm getting tempted to put some lightweights into mine but would want a bit more comfort than the SPGs provide.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by oxam View Post
                          I like the s13 in the back ;) BDC spec? I think have seen it at Lydden or am I wrong?
                          Hi oxam.. Nope never been to lydden but hoping to do few rounds bdc nxt yr..
                          Yea it's bdc spec, doing IDC and N1 series thus year in Ireland..

Comment

3.46 is perfect (IMO), but may feel a bit long if you're used to a 3.9! But it is a good all-rounder.

There's some Rondell 58s here, though the front is 8.5 ET13 and isn't going to fit straight away unless you lower and swap the top mounts (if not already).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-alloys...item2a3be895da[/QUOTE]

Thx for link cw..
                            Not sure whether to go with these or dare rs mesh type which have v similar offsets to type 58's but have that retro look..

Comment

Originally posted by M400DPC View Post
                              Good work Pete, glad to see her being treated to all the finishing touches

I've had the 3:46 fitted to mine and can vouch its a complete transformation from OEM but doesn't compromise the car's ability to cruise happily. There are a couple of guys in the states who can supply for £400-£450 inc shipping.

As for the Recaros, I'm getting tempted to put some lightweights into mine but would want a bit more comfort than the SPGs provide.

Keep up the good work
                              Hi dan, yea I think I'll get a 3.46.. Or nearly tempted to go back to std 3.15 as I really don't think it'd make that big a difference but maybe it would..

Comment

Working...
                              X