No announcement yet.

Silver S50 with ACS parts journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos showing the difference of the 2 finishes of AC Schnitzer Type III rims. The more metallic of the 2 is (I believe) the original BMW-fitted dealer option, the flatter grey rim being the ACS aftermarket finish, however I'm trying to get confirmation from Rossiters on this - it could be that mine have just been refurbed previously, but I remember reading elsewhere that the BMW-fitted Type IIIs were a shinier finish.

Last edited by Fat Tony; 07-04-2015, 07:55 PM.
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Will be interesting to see what Rossitors confirm Tony.

I also have a new set of type III race, 2 of which were sourced from rossitors in AC Schnitzer boxes but two were ex BMW stock in BMW boxes. They are a matching set in terms of finish.

I did not think they did a separate finish for direct bmw supply so would put money on yours having been refurbed previously but happy to be proved wrong ?
      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Hey Jonttt, Chris at Rossiters also states that BMW didn't have a different finish applied to wheels fitted 'at factory' (so mine must have been refurbed at some point - to a finish that I actually prefer, so now I have a dilemma... authenticity or bling, hahahhaa)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
          Hey Jonttt, Chris at Rossiters also states that BMW didn't have a different finish applied to wheels fitted 'at factory' (so mine must have been refurbed at some point - to a finish that I actually prefer, so now I have a dilemma... authenticity or bling, hahahhaa)
          Obviously not the answer you relayed to the wife after buying a new set of wheels.....
          Last edited by Spooks; 08-04-2015, 06:05 PM.
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
            Obviously not the answer you relayed to the wife after buying a now set of wheels.....
            Look, I'll be completely honest Spooks... I'm blessed. She didn't mind the £200 for Type IIIs that I bought from Jonttt, and I don't think she'll mind the £40 to get all 4 of them painted

Comment

Pssssst don't let people know I came down so much

VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Love this one too.

Comment

April 2015

My passenger side door lock has started operating erratically so new actuator being fitted. While at it, I'll be getting a long term niggle with the passenger window sorted...

Having lived with a passenger window that just wouldn't drop further than about 5cm without having a little pressure applied by hand on the top of the drop glass since I've had the car, I investigated the problem last year initially.

It revealed that the rubber in the front drop guide had a tear in it and it had started to bunch up, creating pressure on the glass as it tried to drop. It was at the base of the guide so we figured that cutting the guide off from the tear down was worth a try for starters. It helped but wasn't a fix.

The window has got worse again and I've noticed it doesn't drop parallel to where it starts - dropping the leading edge before the back edge. It turns out that years of struggling to pull down the glass with a torn front guide has resulted in the metal bonded to the bottom edge of the glass has started to come away - hence the uneven drop

So, time to replace the two window guides and the drop glass itself... few hundred quid but it needs doing. The front guide includes the quarter glass also, and we're currently waiting for the drop glass to arrive from Germany.
                  Last edited by Fat Tony; 30-04-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                    April 2015

My passenger side door lock has started operating erratically so new actuator being fitted. While at it, I'll be getting a long term niggle with the passenger window sorted...

Having lived with a passenger window that just wouldn't drop further than about 5cm without having a little pressure applied by hand on the top of the drop glass since I've had the car, I investigated the problem last year initially.

It revealed that the rubber in the front drop guide had a tear in it and it had started to bunch up, creating pressure on the glass as it tried to drop. It was at the base of the guide so we figured that cutting the guide off from the tear down was worth a try for starters. It helped but wasn't a fix.

The window has got worse again and I've noticed it doesn't drop parallel to where it starts - dropping the leading edge before the back edge. It turns out that years of struggling to pull down the glass with a torn front guide has resulted in the metal bonded to the bottom edge of the glass has started to come away - hence the uneven drop

So, time to replace the two window guides and the drop glass itself... few hundred quid but it needs doing. The front guide includes the quarter glass also, and we're currently waiting for the drop glass to arrive from Germany.

are you doing this yourself Tony, drop glass is the window itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      are you doing this yourself Tony, drop glass is the window itself?
                      No mate, I didn't fancy trying this one, so Autohaus Diagnostics are picking it up for me. Looks a little tricky getting everything aligned and I didn't fancy dropping the glass, haha

It's the full window and the front quarter glass c/w guide. Better bloody work after this

Comment

I'd be interested in knowing what it costs you Tony as my drivers window doesn't work at all so I imagine it's similar work to replace the motor (which I'm guessing is the problem). PM me if you prefer
                        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

No problem Spooks, I'll post up once I know.

They quoted me the parts costs, but then came a long weekend in Prague and my mind is now empty

Comment

Picked up my MC today after having the passenger door actuator and window replaced. Great to finally have a window that drops and rises as it should

Spooks, total cost was £467 incl VAT and labour. Parts prices:

Front quarter glass and runner B51.32.8.399.301 - £112 +VAT
                            Drop window B51.32.8.399.015 - £102 + VAT
                            Central locking actuator 19095 - £70 + VAT

I probably could have saved on the parts costs but left it for the indy to source them and fit while I was away for a while

Comment

Christ, I bloody love this car

Comment

Oil service carried out at 68k miles. Vanos upper exhaust solenoid re-soldered.

Comment

Working...
                                X