Cosmos S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a great drive ahead
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by boostina3 View Post
      Thanks Dave,

Build date is April 5 2002 and less than 36,000miles or so it is until I drive her back to Belgium
      Also might have copied something else you have
      Lovely. Go easy. Looking forward to the photos on route back.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

So I want to share a couple of pics now and I'll do a full write up later!

we got home and within a few hours I put these one :yes nod:

Comment

Nice one

Comment

The ACS splits look great

That's not a parking ticket/speeding fine in the side window is it?!
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
              The ACS splits look great

That's not a parking ticket/speeding fine in the side window is it?!
              Thanks but I didn't love them so have just listed the ACS wheels for sale.

Nope its not a ticket (those should come later )but something from the italian government for tax, I will remove it with a hair dryer to avoid all the sticky stuff on the window :yes nod:

Comment

Hi Gents,
                It has been quite a while since I have posted as things have been rather busy to say the least.
                Unfortunately, I had sell my beautiful S54 build date April 5th 2002 and it was immaculate. That car was the best I have seen to date in person and it drove as new, never saw rain and lived in her bubble.

However, I did end up moving back home to Austin, Texas with my Fiancée so I can't complain really :)

I also managed to pick up a toy and ship it over, it was rather easy to do as its was older than 25 years and the US had no problems importing it. It's a 1975 Ex-Belgain military series 3 with low km's and surprisingly only 2wd. I know it should be 4x4 but I has zero rust or rot and is lovely to drive. What I have read is that there were only 83 ever made for the belgian air force and this is one of them used on the run ways and bases.

Naturally being a coupe addict, before I even had sorted a place to live in Texas I hunted down a low milage Boston green coupe to have as a daily.

It needed some work such as a paint correct but it was a pleasure to do and I will let the results below speak for themselves.

I then replaced the brakes with ceramic pads, new rotors new fluids, stainless lines. The brake dust is termendous and they squeal when cold but the stopping power is excellent and I think worth the compromise. The British weather must have followed me as when it came to install the brakes it was chucking it down:)

Fixed the lock in the rear hatch, with the help of the lovely lady

Also whats great about the interior compared to the other 4 coupes I have owned is that the interior matches the dog :P

I then decided that the suspension could do with a refresh so ordered broadway coilovers the ride is amazing with many different levels of adjustability. It is also the best setup I have had in any of my coupes, compared to H&R, Bilstein and Koni. They can go much lower but as I still want to leave the car at a practical height its staying here.
                Rear springs are tiny compared to OEM

When I sold my last coupe I also managed to buy back the retrofitted headlights with I put on as well :)
                I've also been busy using all my simple driver friendly mods which I have learned about over the years. I made a 3d printed mirror adapter to lift the reaview mirror up a bit, removed the foam behind the drivers seat and done the seat tilt mod.
                Good news is that I never sold those AC wheels and I put them on. Personally I think they look much better on Boston Green than Black
                Last edited by boostina3; 07-01-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

One of the beautiful headlight and the old mans TR6

Also not really a mod but when you have all the trim out of the back end its worth a few minutes and some foam to stick it behind the subwoofer and cargo net. I now have zero squeaks and rattles

Comment

The Boston green looks great with the ACS type 3s

Comment

As also promised here are a few pics of the most epic road trip I have ever taken form Triviso, Italy to Hasselt in Belgium.
                      The S54 was a coupe I promised myself that I would never sell and I was literally counting down the hours until the one way ticket

The big day finally came, we woke up at 2am due to the recent terrorist activity in Belgium and flew to Italy.

The moment I had been waiting for nearly a year, finally one of the last European S54's was mine!

Then we started up the GPS

Brimmed the tank

The first few kilometers of open mountain roads.

It was pure Euphoria the coupe kept getting more responsive and the S54 roared like a dragon! The coupe had not been driven much in the past months and needed a good drive especially on 100 Octane

We arrived at our first nights bed and breakfast a lovely and ancient farmhouse in the Dolomite mountains! The food was fantastic and all sourced walking distance from the farm!

The next morning as we tired to leave the remote village here was a land slide and a boulder had blocked the only main road out so we were forced to take a tiny back road. If I was in a Fiat Panda like the locals I wouldn't have cared, but in the S54 this was a white knuckle drive. The Italians are even more fearless than my friends down in Cornwall!

We didn't manage to get pictures of this bit, but as we were on the autobahn when we played with four brand new M4's they are rather quick compared to the coupe.
                      The neat thing was that we all ended up going to BMW welt and they were friendly that they let me go in the middle of the pack!

Last edited by boostina3; 07-01-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Nice; sucks to be anybody but you!
                        Randy Forbes
                        Sports Cars Plus, LLC
                        Parrish, Florida, USA
                        http://spcarsplus.com/piwigo/

Comment

Then we arrived in Germany stayed Durbach and drove home.

Once back in Belgium I Built the headlights and then ordered the carcoon.

I took the coupe out maybe 5 times max after getting it back to Belgium due to traveling for work.
                          We visited the smallest city in Europe and met some fellow car enthusiasts

This was the last picture I have of the S54 we went for a Sunday drive and had lunch just outside of SPA in the Belgian Ardennes
                          Last edited by boostina3; 07-01-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
                            The Boston green looks great with the ACS type 3s
                            Thanks Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Forbes View Post
                              Nice; sucks to be anybody but you!
                              Thanks Randy! It's been one hell of an adventure and each time I have had to sell a car it takes a while to get over it. I don't think that I will get over losing that S54 until I finally get my hands on a steel gray over kyalami or kiwi.
                              Last edited by boostina3; 07-01-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

looking good

Comment

Working...
                                X